How much money Ukrainians spend on mobile games: statistics by Playgendary developer
What devices do Ukrainians play on?
In Ukraine, there are three times less players on iOS than on Android. Their habits are slightly different: iOS users often play on tablets than Android users. However, the duration of the session is approximately the same for both platforms.
iOS – 22.1% (583,000 Playgendary players):
- IPhone accounts for 78.1% of users.
- On iPad – 21.9%
- The average duration of the game session is 10.3 minutes
- Average daily number of gaming sessions per player is 1.71
Android – 77.9% (2.05 million players):
- On smartphones – 91.34%
- On tablets – 8.66%.
- The average duration of the game session is 10.6 minutes
- Average daily number of gaming sessions per player is 1.64
In which cities and at what time
Top 5 cities by number of gamers on iOS:
Top 5 cities by number of gamers on Android:
Most often, users of both platforms play in two time intervals: in the afternoon from 11 AM until 1 PM (18.3%) and in the evening from 6 PM until 9 PM (21.3%).
The most active players on iOS devices are men (63.28%) aged 35 to 44 years old (36.3%). On Android devices, men play even more – 69.12%, and the main age group here is 18-24 years old (35.1%).
It should be noted that the data for Ukraine as a whole corresponds to global trends.
How much money Ukrainians spend on mobile games
Owners of iOS devices have traditionally been more willing to spend money on games than Android users. They are also several times less tolerant with respect to advertising and are willing to pay not to see it.
- Average cost of a single purchase: $6.97
- Median spending for all time (depending on the game): from $1.98 to $9.99
- Average number of purchases per user: 2.34
- The number of users who pay for disabling advertising in games: every 37th
- Average cost of a single purchase: $3.92
- Median spending for all time (depending on the game): from $1.61 to $8.07
- Average number of purchases per user: 1.77
- The number of users who paid for disabling advertising in games: every 333rd.
Playgendary is a Belarusian developer of mobile games for iOS and Android devices. Company offices are located in Minsk, Munich and St. Petersburg. At the end of 2018, the company entered the top 10 of the world’s largest mobile gaming publishers (according to data from App Annie and Sensor Tower analytical services).