Bolt (Taxify) opens new large office and R&D center in Kyiv
04 July, 2019, 15:30
Estonian Bolt (formerly known as Taxify) is going to open a new large office at UNIT.City. AIN.UA has learned the information from the company’s reps.
- More than 50 people will move into the new office. By the end of the year the team will expand to 60 people, says Taras Potichny, Bolt regional manager in Ukraine. According to him, the company is increasing its footprint in Ukraine, which has become the main reason for opening a new large office.
- Bolt already has a local office with several dozen people.
- By the end of the year, the company plans to launch an R&D center, and then it will begin hiring developers.
- A year ago, in June 2018, Bolt service restarted in Ukraine and started operations in several cities: Kyiv, Lviv, and Odesa.
- Taxify has already tried to tap into the Ukrainian market. The first launch of the service in Kyiv took place in 2016 under a franchise agreement with Estonian entrepreneurs.
- The service re-branded in March 2019 with Bolt replacing Taxify. The old name limited the service, putting taxi services at the forefront. In the future, the company intends to increase the number of scooters, add new travel options, support public transport, etc.
- Bolt is a unicorn startup valued at over $1 billion with the total investment exceeding $177 million.