Ukrainian Metro Exodus is among the nominees for the best action game of The Game Awards
The organizers of The Game Awards announced nominees of this year. Based upon the number of nominations, the overwhelming favorite is Death Stranding, the new game by Hideo Kojima. And there is also the new game of Metro series developed by the Ukrainian studio 4A Games among the nominees in the category “Best action game.”
The Game Awards is one of the most famous awards in the video game and esports industry, celebrating the achievements of game developers. In 2014, it was founded and conducted by entrepreneur Geoff Keighley. In 2018, God of War was named as the best game of the year, and in 2017 – The Legend of Zelda.
Among the nominees for the best game in the action genre are:
- Apex Legends (Respawn/EA);
- Astral Chain (Platinum Games/Nintendo);
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward/Activision);
- Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom/Capcom);
- Gears 5 (The Coalition/Xbox Game Studios);
- Metro Exodus (4A Games/Deep Silver).
Metro Exodus is a new post-apocalyptic FPS in the universe of the Metro series based on novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky, developed by the Ukrainian studio 4A Games. The game starts in the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, the user plays as the protagonist of the Artem series, and the story begins with the happy end of Metro: Last Light. The game was released in February 2019.
The category “Best game of the year” includes the following nominees:
- Control (Remedy/505 Games);
- Death Stranding (Kojima Productions/SIE);
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Bandai-Namco/Sora/Nintendo);
- Resident Evil 2 (Capcom/Capcom);
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software/Activision);
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian/Private Division).
You can find the full list of the categories and nominees on the official website of The Game Awards.
The winners will be announced at the ceremony on December 12, 2019.