PayPal, Spotify, Etsy: online services that Ukrainians need
Several years ago, in Ukraine, there was an initiative to invite PayPal to the country, it was supported by the NBU and the Ministry of Finance, but it did not happen. Now the topic “PayPal in Ukraine” has been brought up again. In particular, Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation Oleksandr Bornyakov writes about it.
There’s still no news on the entry of PayPal. On the other hand, in comments under the post of the official, users write about those online services that Ukrainian needs the most. Here is a list of them below:
- PayPal. If the company launched an opportunity for Ukrainians to accept money into an account, it would make life much easier for Ukrainian freelancers and entrepreneurs who work with foreign clients.
- Lyft, one of the main competitors of Uber in the U.S.
- Yelp, a review and recommendation service. Here users write reviews on the work of restaurants, cafes, clubs, and other entertainment services.
- Etsy, a marketplace for artisans and craftspeople of all types to sell handmade crafts online. Here you can find handmade products, handmade gifts, hand sewing, jewelry, etc. Previously, we published a guide on how Ukrainian craftspeople can get on this platform and earn money.
- Spotify, a music streaming service. There are a lot of rumors about its launch in Ukraine, but the service has not made any real announcements about it so far.
- Microsoft Xbox gaming service. In recent years, the number of paying gamers in Ukraine has increased significantly. Ukraine already has a shop and service for gamers who own Playstation, PSN.
- AliExpress, an online retail service. This is one of the most popular foreign online stores in Ukraine: according to statistics of Nova Poshta, Ukrainians order 2.6 tons of goods per day on AliExpress.
- Stripe, a service for online payment processing.
- Revolut is a financial service for travelers, which operates as an online bank. The feature of the service is that it helps you to exchange money with no hidden fees. There was news that the service plans to enter the Ukrainian market in 2020.
Also, in comments to the post of the official, many users wrote about the opening of official Apple stores.