Chinese cab service DiDi is about to kick off in Ukraine
As AIN.UA has learned, the Chinese cab aggregator Didi is preparing to launch in Ukraine. The service will start operating in 2021.
- DiDi started to gather a team to launch the service in Ukraine back in 2020.
- At the moment, there is no specific date, but DiDi will launch in Ukraine in 2021.
- DiDi will become the fourth big service in Ukraine, following Uklon, Uber (DiDi has a stake in this company), and Bolt.
- The entry of a player of DiDi’s level will have a strong impact on the Ukrainian market of cab aggregators, especially on drivers whose number is limited. The launch of the service will obviously create additional demand for drivers, and they will receive bonuses for that.
- So far, it is unknown whether DiDi will enter only with cabs or include other services, like bike rentals.
DiDi is a Chinese aggregator offering a full range of app-based services for over 550 million users. The company has raised more than $21 billion since its founding in 2012. According to the latest available data, its valuation exceeds $56 billion.
In 2020, DiDi launched in Russia and further plans to enter the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, as well as post-Soviet countries, including the launch in Ukraine.
The editorial team of AIN.UA sent a request to the company for details but did not receive an answer at the time of publishing.