Google Ukraine pays $100M in taxes: Ranking of IT companies in terms of contributions to the budget
On April 16, 2021, the magazine Rating published a list of the 200 largest companies by tax payments in 2020. This ranking was compiled based on the data provided by the State Tax Service. The list also includes companies from the IT and telecom industries.
- No. 14 – Kyivstar, a telecom operator which paid about ₴6.7B in taxes over a year.
- No. 20 – Vodafone Ukraine, a telecom company. The ranking does not show the amount of taxes, but judging by the closest companies from the list, it is ranging between ₴3.3 and ₴2.8 billion.
- No. 24 – Google’s Ukrainian office. As in the previous case, the amount of tax paid by the company is not specified, but Epicenter, which ranks 23rd, the annual taxes amounted to ₴2.8 billion, and DTEK Pavlogradugol in the 25th place – about ₴2.6 billion. Thus, to get the 24th position, Google had to pay up to $100 million to the budget.
- No. 44 – Ukrtelecom, a fixed-line and mobile operator, which in 2020, paid to the budget an amount between ₴1.5 and ₴1.4 billion.
- No. 62 – Lifecell, a mobile operator, paid about ₴1 billion in taxes last year.
- No. 155 – Emarket Ukraine, LLC (OLX Group). The company paid between ₴341 and ₴337 million in taxes last year.
The ranking also includes operators of the postal logistics market in Ukraine, Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta. Nova Poshta is ranked 19th and paid between ₴3.3 billion and ₴2.8 billion in taxes in 2020. Ukrposhta is in No. 40 with the amount paid of ₴1.5 billion.
The top positions are given to Ukrnafta, Ukrgazvydobuvannya, and Naftogaz.