Fruit and vegetable delivery service OVO closes a $500k seed round
17 June, 2021, 16:26
Ukrainian startup OVO raised $350,000 in a seed round at a pre-money valuation of €3 million, as reported to AIN.UA by TA Ventures.
- TA Ventures, the ICLUB private investors club, and Imperia Holding invested in this round.
- Together with the $150,000 pre-seed round, the total amount invested in OVO was $500,000.
- In one year of operation, by March 2021, the startup had more than 7,500 clients with an average order amount of UAH 950-1,000. Since then, besides fruits and vegetables, the company added its own-produced bread, cereals, teas and continues expanding the product range. Also, the team developed packaging for greens, which helps to keep them fresh during delivery.
- OVO employs 50 people.
- The company processes over 190 orders daily.
- By the end of 2021, OVO plans to use the funds raised to open up to seven dark stores and cover all of Kyiv with express delivery.
OVO is a service for the delivery of fresh fruits and vegetables from dark stores. The startup was launched in the spring of 2020 by the founders of Bluocean marketing agency Roman Melkumov and Stepan Zyniakov.