US streaming service Roku opens R&D in Kyiv
03 August, 2021, 10:58
The American company Roku, which works on one of the leading streaming services in the United States, opens a development office in Kyiv, as AIN.UA learned from its sources.
The company has started looking for employees to join the Kyiv office. Two openings have already been published on LinkedIn: Site Director and Senior Technical Recruiter.
- Roku is an American public company, one of the leading video streaming platforms in the United States, which also makes set-top boxes and televisions using its own Roku OS.
- Roku was founded by former Netflix vice president Anthony Wood in 2002. The company started as a division of Netflix Inc. The latter has invested $5.7 million in Roku.
- The United States is the main market for Roku Inc. In addition, the company is also present in Canada, United Kingdom, France, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, and some Latin American countries.
- Roku surpassed Samsung in the number of installed operating systems in the United States in 2020.
- In the first quarter of 2021, the company reported revenue of $492.9 million. Roku has 38% of the US streaming-media player market.
- Roku has eleven offices in the US, the UK, Denmark, and China.