Ukrainian Legal Nodes raises $120k via Techstars London Accelerator
Legal Nodes, a Ukrainian startup that provides a secure, easy-to-use platform to work on legal matters, has joined Techstars London and raised $120,000 from the accelerator. This was reported to AIN.UA by representatives of the startup.
- In August 2021, Legal Nodes received $300,000 in a pre-seed round. The round was led by the angel syndicate LIFT99. Thus, the total investment in the startup grew to $475,000.
- According to Margarita Sivakova, CEO and co-founder of Legal Nodes, the team applied to Techstars London three times, two of which were unsuccessful.
- A total of 12 companies from all over the world were selected for the Techstars London program. Legal Nodes is the only company from Ukraine in the batch. It is Techstars’ policy to select only 1% out of all applicants to the program.
“Considering how niche our product is, a large number of regulatory challenges, and the need to build a strong network in the UK — getting into Techstars London was our number one goal,” Legal Nodes comments.
The Legal Nodes product will offer alternative ways to provide legal services and adapt them to new realities. The team plans to achieve this by introducing fixed subscriptions to legal services that clients can manage via the online platform.
- Legal Nodes’ target audience is international technology companies and startups, which often have legal entities, investors, and clients worldwide.
“Legal Nodes focuses on the law of foreign countries. In the UK, the trend of productization of legal services at the legislative level is actively supported. At the same time, the market for unmet legal needs of medium and medium-sized businesses amounts to more than 11 billion pounds a year. Therefore, from the very beginning, the company was aimed at this market.”
- The startup was founded by Margarita Sivakova, Nestor Dubnevych, and Maxim Maliuk. As of 2021, Legal Nodes already has over 60 corporate clients.