IT Arena announces winners of Startup Competition 2021
On October 9, as part of IT Arena 2021, the finals of the Startup Competition took place at the Lviv National Opera House. The organizers received 115 applications from startups in 2021, and the total prize pool grew to $165,000.
The winners, who received the most points for their pitching sessions, were Mosqitter, Zeely App, and CareTech Human.
The Ukrainian startup Mosqitter won the grand prize of $20,000. It is developing an eco-friendly and innovative mosquito control system. It is a 1.2-meter-high trap device that radiates heat, emits odors and carbon dioxide — this attracts mosquitoes inside and decreases insects’ population on the required territory.
The startup aims to reduce the risk of infectious diseases that are spread by mosquitoes, such as malaria, Zika virus, dengue, etc.
Second place went to the Ukrainian startup Zeely App, which won $18,000. Zeely is developing a mobile website builder application for businesses. It helps users who do not have programming or UI/UX design skills to create and promote their sites.
The startup CareTech Human took third place in the Startup Competition with the prize of $15,000. CareTech Human is developing an automated, painless, toilet-integrated solution for daily health checks.
Other finalists of IT Arena 2021 Startup Competition
- Workee, a platform that helps freelancers manage their online businesses.
- Jiffsy is an app that provides a 40% positive shift in mobile conversion rate by creating fast product pages with mobile native navigation.
- elai.io, a SaaS tool that allows you to create custom AI-powered videos — choose a presenter, place them on a slide, add text, images, and a text of a speech.
- V-Art is a digital art platform to exhibit, sell, and collect digital art
- Saldo Apps, a mobile applications and web services for accounting automation for small businesses
- nect WORLD is developing a 4G LTE modem with built-in e-SIM technology.
- Lab24, a marketplace for searching and ordering medical tests in more than 10 Ukrainian laboratories.