Kyivstar may acquire Datagroup for $100 million, according to media sources
12 October, 2021, 13:13
- The talks about Kyivstar’s interest in Datagroup were confirmed by the Head of Telecom at NEQSOL Holding (Vodafone Ukraine owner), Vasyl Latsanych. According to him, if the deal happens, its possible price will be $100 million.
- Representatives of Kyivstar” refused to comment on the rumors about the takeover of Datagroup.
- Latsanych believes that such an acquisition could mean the death of “real competition in the fixed-line Internet market.” At the same time, Sergey Boyko, CEO of BigData UA, who previously headed the company Volia, noted that “Kyivstar will become No.1 in each of the three segments — mobile communications, fixed Internet access, and subscription TV.”
- In 2020, it also became known that VEON, which owns the Ukrainian operator Kyivstar, was negotiating the purchase of 100% of the Ukrainian online movie theater Megogo. However, the deal did not take place.
- Recall that in December 2020, Datagroup acquired 100% of the Internet and TV provider Volia.