Apple to assist in the Ukrainian census
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and Apple have signed a Memorandum of Understanding. According to the memorandum, the parties will cooperate in the planned census of 2022-2023. As President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Twitter, Ukraine will become the second country in the world where Apple will conduct the census.
What does the memorandum stipulate?
The document was signed by the Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov and Worldwide Head of Public Sector of Apple Inc. Mark Lennon.
According to the text of the document, the parties will:
- collaborate on the planned population census of 2022-2023
- share experience and expertise in implementing projects related to the transition to paperless document management, as well as improving the experience of citizens’ interaction with public authorities
- develop the Diia app for the iOS operating system
- increase the digital literacy of Ukrainians
- develop initiatives to bring digital technologies to the healthcare sector
The Ministry of Digital Transformation and Apple will also create working groups responsible for developing detailed plans for the agreed initiatives, providing expert support, and holding meetings.
“The signing of the Memorandum with Apple is an important step not only for digitization in Ukraine but also for the recognition of our achievements in this field around the world. We are grateful to Apple for constant cooperation with our ministry and the opportunity to implement the world’s best solutions to achieve our most important goal — turning the state into a convenient and efficient service that you want to trust,” said Mykhailo Fedorov.
As part of the visit, there are also plans to sign a memorandum of cooperation between Apple and the Ukraine Ministry of Veterans Affairs. The company will assist in the digitalization, auditing, and maintenance of electronic health records of veterans using Apple’s current developments for collecting and processing information.