Pinterest acquires Vochi. TA Ventures and Flyer One Ventures exits the startup
07 December, 2021, 13:52
Pinterest, a US image sharing and social media service, has acquired Vochi, a Belarusian startup previously invested by the Ukrainian investment firms Flyer One Ventures and TA Ventures.
- Vochi has developed the Vochi Video Effects app, which allows the users to apply various effects to individual objects in a video.
- The parties have not disclosed the financial terms of the deal. However, it is known that the founders and the team will continue working on the project. And the Vochi app will continue to be available as a standalone app.
- Pinterest says that the deal will help them build more innovative creator tools for dynamic videos.
- In May 2020, Flyer One Ventures led the startup’s $1.5 million seed round.
- In July 2021, Viktoriya Tigipko’s fund, TA Ventures, invested in the company. Both funds exited after the Pinterest deal.
- After the last round, the startup reported more than 500,000 monthly active users and $4 million in annual revenue.