Lithuanian game developer Nordcurrent acquires Ukrainian game studio RinGames
The largest Lithuanian game developer and publisher, Nordcurrent, has acquired a Ukrainian Dnipro-based mobile game studio, RinGames. The companies have not disclosed the amount of the deal, but it is known that this is the second Ukrainian studio acquired by Nordcurrent.
- The new office will be called Nordcurrent Dnipro.
- The RinGames team consists of 28 developers. Most of the employees are graphic designers and artists. In 2022, the team plans to expand to 100 people.
- RinGames has previously collaborated with Nordcurrent — it created graphics for the company’s games. In particular, RinGames worked on Cooking Fever, Sniper Arena, and Murder in the Alps. Both companies are now working on a new time-management game, Happy Clinic.
- RinGames became the second Ukrainian game studio that signed a contract with Nordcurrent. In 2018, the Lithuanian company acquired Blam! Games Studio, an Odesa-based game developer with a staff of more than 60 people.
- Nordcurrent is the largest company in Lithuania that publishes and develops mobile games. The company is known for such games as Cooking Fever, Murder in the Alps, Airplane Chefs, and Sniper Arena.