Polish startup Zowie raises $5M seed investment
Zowie, a Polish startup headquartered in the US, has raised $5 million (20 million zloty) in seed funding. The round was led by Gradient Ventures, 10x, and Inovo Venture Partners, with participation from business angels, Fintek reports.
- Founded in 2019 by Maja Schaefer and Maciej Ciolek, Zowie offers online stores tools to automate communication with their consumers.
- Zowie’s technology is based on the AI engine that learns on repeated inquiries and automates up to 95% of responses. The engine integrates with e-commerce platforms such as Zendesk, Shopify, or Gorgias. It also provides Instagram automation for customer service through Messenger API.
- According to Crunchbase, in 2020, Zowie raised $620,000 in a pre-seed round from the Inovo Venture Partners fund.
- Zowie has clients from all over the world, including well-known brands such as Avon, Empik, Giesswein, InPost, and L’Oreal. The company employs over 40 people in Warsaw, Krakow, and New York.
- With the fresh funds, Zowie plans to develop new products and tools for e-commerce, as well as accelerate its expansion in the United States.