Polish Infermedica raises $30M in Series B for its AI-based platform
27 January, 2022, 11:58
Infermedica, a Wroclaw-based digital health company, has raised $30 million in Series B funding. The round was led by One Peak with participation from previous investors Karma Ventures, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Heal Capital, and Inovo Venture Partners, TechCrunch informs.
- Founded in 2012 by Irving Loh, Piotr Orzechowski, and Roberto Sicconi, Infermedica develops AI-powered tools for preliminary diagnosis and patient triage. Its solutions are aimed to make it easier for doctors to pre-diagnose, triage, and direct their patients to appropriate medical services.
- Infermedica is available in more than 30 countries in 19 languages. Over ten million health checks have been completed based on its solutions.
- Infermedica has raised a total of $45 million in funding over ten rounds, according to Crunchbase. The latest round was a $10.3 million Series A led by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and Heal Capital in August 2020.
- This time One Peak was a leading investor. It is a London-based private equity firm that focuses on growth stage technology and tech-enabled companies.
- Infermedica is planning to spend the proceeds to further develop the company’s platform and add new modules to cover the full primary care journey.