468 Capital fund raises $400M to support European startups
01 February, 2022, 13:14
- Starting in 2020, 468 Capital has already participated in 63 funding rounds across the UK, Germany, Spain, several Central and Eastern European countries, and the US.
- 468 Capital is led by D2iQ co-founder Florian Leibert, former Global Founders Capital managing partner Alexander Kudlich, and Ludwig Ensthaler, former GFC partner.
- Given the founders’ backgrounds, 468 Capital is investing in a range of consumer services like ultra-fast delivery and e-commerce aggregators. Also, it funds deep-tech startups, companies that specialize in providing energy platform frequency, and high-tech startups.
- Previously in mid-2020, the firm raised about $200 million for its first fund.
- It has also recently formed the special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC), which is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and raised $250 million in IPO proceeds.
- As per Crunchbase, the fund’s latest investments were in Zapp, MAYD, Codesphere, Ceregate, and Superchat, all in January 2022.