Diia City, a special legal framework for Ukraine’s IT industry, launches on February 8
02 February, 2022, 12:54
Last year, Ukraine passed a law introducing a special legal framework for tech companies called Diia City. Registration of companies wishing to become Diia City residents will start on February 8, 2022, as reported to AIN.UA by the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
- Diia Summit will take place on this day. This is a conference from the Ministry of Digital Transformation, where the agency will give all the details about how to register in Diia City and how it will work.
- There is the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers describing how the registration will work. The Ministry of Digital Transformation will launch online registration on the website.
- To get the status of the Diia City resident, a company should apply to the Ministry of Digital Transformation based on Annex 1 of the Decree (the link to download the Ukrainian version). Moreover, the application may be submitted both via the website of the Ministry and by e-mail.
- This application consists of several pages, where the applicant company indicates its name and the name of its legal entity, contact information, the information about income, the type of its activity, etc.
- The Ministry of Digital Transformation is processing the application during ten working days starting from the application date, checking the provided information, and deciding whether to leave the application without an answer, decline it, or provide a company with the Diia City residency status.
On February 8, 2022, AIN.UA will publish a detailed article about the start of Diia City and the registration process.