Droppe, Finnish online marketplace for industrial wholesale, raises €2.2M seed investment
03 February, 2022, 14:04
- Founded in 2020 by Henrik Helenius and Johannes Salmisaari from Finland, Droppe is a technology company that distributes work supplies and protective equipment via its own platform. The marketplace addresses the top concern for industrial buyers at present — finding and stocking operating supplies that are low in cost and responsibly sourced.
- Apart from the lead investor, the round was joined by angel investors Ilkka Paananen, CEO & Co-founder of Supercell, and Miki Kuusi, CEO & Co-founder of Wolt.
- Droppe’s vision is to make the European wholesale industry more connected by creating shorter and more responsible supply chains, the company states.
- The startup has already reached over 500 customers, including several small and medium-sized enterprises.
“Droppe is the first in the market to build a European industrial wholesale marketplace, a mission that we are excited to continue building and expanding with new resources,”CEO and Co-founder of Droppe, Johannes Salmisaari, comments on the deal.
- Droppe plans to use the fresh funds to expand its operations in Germany and further accelerate its growth in Sweden and Finland.