Estonian MyCointainer closes $6M seed round for its yield earning platform
03 February, 2022, 16:18
MyCointainer, a Tallinn-based platform for yield staking, has secured a $6 million seed funding investment. The round was led by Maple Block and co-led by Shima Capital & ByBit, huge players in cryptocurrency exchange, the press release states.
- MyCointainer was launched in 2018 by the Pole Bartosz Pozniak. The startup develops a platform that enables customers to stake cryptocurrencies and tokens easily. Users can start with as little as 1 EUR and have their pick from more than 100 digital assets.
- Besides the lead investors, numerous business angels also participated in the round. Some of their portfolios include renowned industry brands like CoinList, Circle, and Polygon.
- In November 2021, MyCointainer joined forces with the industry-leading blockchain project Elrond and the Maiar Team, implementing proof-of-stake mechanisms and user reward systems to its platform.
- Besides, the company also has partnered with Avalanche Labs, Waves & Cosmos, and Crypto.com. The collaborations helped MyCointainer to scale and grow its platform.
- The company now employs a 42 member team and plans to spend the portion of the funding to make it even more with several new job openings.
- It will use the proceeds to further develop its platform, as well as improve its current B2B products. Also, it hopes to reach European, Asian, and Middle Eastern markets.