Finland’s Relex Solutions raises €500M from Blackstone Growth
18 February, 2022, 12:01
Relex Solutions, a Finland-based supply chain automation and optimization platform, has raised €500 million in a new funding round. Blackstone Growth led the investment, which will help Relex add hundreds of new employees, Tech.eu reports.
- Relex Solutions was founded in 2005 by supply chain experts Johanna Småros, Mikko Kärkkäinen, and Michael Falck. The company employs its AI-based solution Living Retail Platform to help retailers and brands avoid food waste and tackle disruptions in global supply chains.
- The new round was led by Blackstone Growth, a New York-based global business investing capital. The firm invests in a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets, and secondary funds. Also, Blackstone Growth is an active investor in such sectors as infrastructure, life sciences, insurance, etc.
- Together with the previous rounds, Relex has raised a total of €700 million, bringing its valuation to €5 billion.
- The firm employs more than 400 team members. Its customers include over 350 top brands, like Dollar Tree, M&S Food, Flink, Morrisons, PetSmart, Sephora, and Rossmann.
- Relex will spend the fresh funding on an aggressive recruitment campaign.