Polish healthtech uPacjenta raises $5.2M to enter European market
23 February, 2022, 00:07
uPacjenta, a Poland-based healthtech platform, has raised $5.2 million (21 million zloty) from Inovo Venture Partners, YZR, and 10X Founders, MamStartup reports.
- uPacjenta was founded by Dominik Swadźba and Konrad Kargol. The company develops a platform that connects patients with medical specialists, allowing them to order a home blood test.
- Over 150,000 patients were examined with the help of uPacjenta. More than 500,000 blood tests were ordered in 2021 alone, which is 2x more than the previous year.
- Currently, uPacjenta employs 200 specialists and operates in 20 cities in Poland.
- During the $5.2 million seed round, uPacjenta attracted a group of investors from around the world. The Polish early-stage investor Inovo Venture Partners and the Munich-based healthtech fund YZR Venture Capital participated in the round.
- In addition, the 10X Founders group of investors, who were previously investors for Revolut and Tier, also joined the round.
- uPacjenta is planning to spend the proceeds on the European market expansion.