War in Ukraine / March 27
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter by sending your email address to [email protected], you will be added to the base.
“We do not need a frozen conflict”: a long interview with President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky
The President of Ukraine gave a long interview to Russian journalists, the interview time was more than two hours. Some of the questions seemed strange: experienced journalists of the big media wanted to ask about the fake accusations of Russian propaganda. For example, the existence of laboratories for the development of biological weapons. Although a few weeks ago the possibility of their existence was denied even by Western countries. In Ukraine, people joke that the only biological weapon is soup left in the fridge by refugees a few weeks ago.
Instead, there were some important theses. Zelensky does not see the benefit of introducing a peacekeeping contingent in Ukraine: it will only freeze the conflict, but will not resolve it at all. Instead, the president is calling for an end to hostilities right now to find a consensus. To do this, at least Russia needs to withdraw troops to territories not controlled by Ukraine at the time of starting the war on February 24: Crimea, as well as the so-called DNR and LNR.
It is obvious that it is still unclear how the fate of these territories will develop (Crimea, temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts). There is talk of a possible scenario of leasing them, as was once the case with Hong Kong. In any case, says Zelensky, to find a solution Russia needs to stop the war.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Rocket attack, missiles were shot down by air defense. Fragments of one of the rockets fell on a private house, a fire broke out.
- 6 houses were damaged. Villages and cities that were under fire: Mariupol, Avdiivka, Kramatorsk, New York, Peski. The number of wounded and killed civilians and military was not disclosed. As a result of shelling, power lines and a boiler house were damaged.
- Shelling of houses. Two of the dead were children, five more people were injured, incl. two children.
- 59 attacks from artillery and mortar systems. 180 attacks from rocket systems, including Smerch – cluster munitions prohibited by relevant international treaties.
- A car with a family that was trying to leave the combat zone was shot, two adults and a 3-year-old child were killed.
- Shelling of the village with prohibited cluster munitions. Information about the victims is being specified.
- Shelling of the outskirts of Zhytomyr and the Korostensky district, three military units were hit, one of them was an artillery depot. 3 soldiers were injured. An oil depot was also hited.
- 2 rockets were fired, both were shot down.
- 1 missile was fired and shot down by air defense.
- A fire at the oil depot as a result of a rocket hit, the fire was put out overnight. The missile was fired from the territory of Belarus.
- [War] A draft law that prohibits the activities of religious groups on the territory of Ukraine, that have representative offices abroad and support Russian aggression, was submitted.
- [Support for the economy] It was announced that from April there will be an indexation of pensions by 8.6%. At the same time, the annual inflation rate in the Russian Federation was 10.42% as of March 4, according to the Ministry of Economic Development. According to the study, projected inflation by the end of 2022 will be 19.3%.
Diagram of known Airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths on 28 March: