War in Ukraine / April 2￼
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter by sending your email address to [email protected], you will be added to the base.
Irpen, Bucha, Gostomel – the place of terrible death of hundreds people
Earlier we wrote that the Kyiv region is completely liberated from the Russians. On April 1, Ukrainian soldiers went there, as well as journalists and photojournalists.
For the first time, the world saw what Russian troops had left behind themselves. Hundreds of people were killed. The footage shows that people were handcuffed and shot dead, whole families were killed. Russian faschist even tried to hide their tracks by burning bodies. Nobody expected this. Even Human Rights Watch, which had previously avoided writing about Ukraine, acknowledged the existence of war crimes against humanity.
Liberated cities do not mean safe. Thousands of mines have been left in cities and forests that are still dangerous to civilians. Authorities asked people not to return to the city, authorities also imposed a curfew for several days. Forests are still forbidden to visit. According to unconfirmed information, more than 50,000 square kilometers of territory have been mined in northern Ukraine alone. In addition, the Russian military also mined houses, commercial buildings, equipment and vehicles. Russian troops left the cities of the region, but even going away they tried to do as much evil as they could.
Good news in these sad times: the Ukrainian army has announced that the Kyiv region is free, the Chernobyl nuclear power plant is controlled by Ukraine. Control has also been established along the border with Belarus.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- At least 21 objects were damaged: residential buildings, a school, a church, a winery, a farm, a bank branch, and a transformer substation. 5 other people were wounded.
- Russian troops attacked the Ilyich metallurgical plant. On the same day, while trying to evacuate from the city, Lithuanian documentary filmmaker Mantas Kvedaravičius, the author of the documentary film Mariupolis, was killed. One of the rockets hit his car. A child was also wounded, the exact number of victims is unknown.
- Rocket attacks on the airport, 3 buildings and 8 pieces of equipment were destroyed, 2 people were injured. About 37 missiles were fired across the region, 4 of which were shot down by air defense.
- Shelling of the Inhulets’kyi district of the city, a fire broke out at a gas station, more than 10 residential buildings were damaged, a shell hit the school grounds. Prohibited cluster munitions were used.
- Two missile strikes, the railway track and contact networks were badly damaged at a civilian railway junction, wagons, a pedestrian bridge were destroyed, a fire broke out. 1 person was injured. Repeated rocket attack was carried out at ~18:20
- The gas pipeline in the area of Severodonetsk was broken, due to active hostilities, repairs are impossible. 36 settlements of the Luhansk region remain without gas supplies.
- As a result of shelling, 19 objects were damaged, incl. 9 multifamily and 7 private houses. One of the multi-storey residential buildings in Severodonetsk was shelled for the third time in a week. A forest caught fire as a result of shelling in Kreminna. One man was wounded.
- The shelling of the residential areas of the city, multi-storey residential buildings on Saltivka and Severna Saltivka were damaged, a fire broke out. Also 10 garage boxes and cars burned down.
- The Gorky Park, where people were working at that moment, was shelled. Amusements were destroyed, trees were broken, the stage and the cafe were damaged. One person has been hospitalized.
- A missile attack, houses and infrastructure facilities were damaged. The city was left without water and electricity. 5 people were wounded.
- Russian troops shelled the district hospital, which housed the staff and ~70 patients. The hospital building was damaged.
- A missile attack on an industrial facility, a fire broke out.
- Missile strikes on two infrastructure facilities, 4 missiles were fired. According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, a military airfield was destroyed
- Three planes fired at residential buildings, the Kremenchug oil refinery and warehouses of fuel and lubricants, a fire broke out. The plant’s infrastructure has been destroyed. Several people received burns.
- A missile attack on infrastructure facilities, 3 missiles. The runway and airfield infrastructure were damaged, and the fuel depot caught fire. The city was left without water and electricity.
- Russian troops opened fire on people dispersing after a rally against the occupation of the city. At least 4 people were hospitalized with severe burns and serious injuries.
- [Martial law] Ministry of Justice: “In connection with the introduction of martial law in Ukraine, it is forbidden for men aged 18 to 60 to leave the country. An exception is made for certain categories of citizens, as well as for drivers engaged in cargo transportation”
- [War] The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the payment of “combat” 100,000 UAH. They will be paid to the wounded during the hostilities and those who were captured
- [War] President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky signed a decree on awarding 7 servicemen of the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection. Two of them were awarded posthumously.
- [Support for the economy] Ukrainian Railways and Ukrposhta agreed to transport parcels by train.
- [Sanctions] The State Bureau of Investigation of Ukraine initiates the seizure of more than 2 thousand Russian and Belarusian railcars
- [Military service] Russian IT companies may lose their accreditation and benefits if they submit applications that do not meet the requirements for granting employees a deferral from the army, the press service of the Ministry of Digital Development of the Russian Federation reported.
- [War] Invaders from the so-called. “DPR” announced the “nationalization” of Ukrainian property in the new occupied territories of the Donetsk region. All movable and immovable property that was in the state or communal property of Ukraine allegedly passes into the ownership of the “DNR”. Under the “nationalization” fall objects of health care, education and science, rescue services (including their housing stock), public housing facilities, including hostels
- [Support for the economy] A draft law has been submitted to the State Duma of the Russian Federation, which gives the Ministry of Finance the opportunity to allocate money to the regions to pay off debts on bonds and bank loans, and also provides a deferral for restructured budget loans.
- [Support for the economy] The Government of the Russian Federation allocated 21.5 billion rubles for measures to support the IT industry
Alternative loss estimates
During the interview, US Deputy Secretary of State Victoria Nuland said that the losses of the russian federation amounted to more than 10k killed russian military.
You must be logged in to post a comment.