Polish insurtech Laven raises $900K
The Polish insurance company Laven has raised nearly $900,000 (3.8 million złotych) for its complementary health insurance system development. 4growth VC fund led the round, and several business angels also participated, MamStartup reports.
- Founded in 2020 by Piotr Karda, Laven helps employers offer complementary health insurance for their employees.
- The startup’s insurance complements the already available in the Polish market forms of treatments financing: National Health Fund, medical insurance, and health subscriptions.
- Lading investor 4growth VC is a Polish fund that specializes in investments in fintech and insurtech companies.
“We saw great potential in insurtech. Complementary health insurance is in line with the recent trends, and Laven can become the leading beneficiary of coming changes,”Krzysztof Bachta from 4growth comments on the investment.
- Laven is headquartered in Wroclaw and has a team of 13 specialists.
- The startup will use the fresh funding to increase the scale of its operations and gain over 100,000 clients in the coming years.