War in Ukraine / April 11
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter here.
Chemical attack on Mariupol
On the night of April 11, the Azov Regiment announced a chemical attack on Mariupol. There was no detailed information, but some sources indicate that it can be sarin. Already on April 12, Azov said that no one died from the poisonous substance, but the main symptoms of the victims – facial flushing, high blood pressure, dryness and heartburn in the nasopharynx, mucous membranes of the eyes, tachycardia, tinnitus, shortness of breath, dizziness. None of the victims is in critical condition.
Mariupol authorities have already confirmed a chemical weapons attack.
Nor Britain, nor the United States have confirmed or denied that a chemical attack was indeed present. It is possible that russia could use phosphorus bombs, which are also banned. The mayor of Mariupol noted that the advice on how to protect himself from the chemical attack sent to him does not make any sense: at least, there is no running water in the city.
Ukraine’s allies, including Britain and the United States, have repeatedly said they will take action if russia uses chemical weapons. At the same time, it is not known for sure what exactly is in question and how else the western countries plan to put pressure on the russian government. The Austrian Chancellor, who had previously visited russia and met with Putin, said the conversation had been difficult and without results.
The Ministry of Defense also points out that fighting in eastern Ukraine is expected to intensify in the next 2-3 days. The russians are actively transferring their troops there, regrouping and planning new attacks. The danger remains in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the offensive on Kramatorsk is resumed, active hostilities in the Kherson and Mykolaiv areas. Depending on the results of russians attacks, it is clear whether we should expect a new attack on Kyiv.
Airstrike, missile, and MRL damage
- Shelling of the old mill. The windows and the roof of the old mill were damaged. Also, the nearest buildings were damaged.
- A direct hit from heavy weaponry on a high-rise building. There are wounded.
- As a result of the shelling, an office building caught fire, the fire area was 150 m². The building housed a humanitarian center that supplied food to 300 people every day. 8 missiles hit the building. Also, the gas pipeline was damaged.
- As a result of the shelling, 4 private houses were destroyed, at least 3 more were damaged.
- A total of 27 attacks were recorded during the day. 12 more buildings, 7 of which were residential buildings, were destroyed. Residential buildings and outbuildings were on fire in Novodruzhesk. In Rubizhne, apartments in a residential building were on fire. Country houses were burning in Pavlohrad. In Kreminna – a large-scale fire of more than 700m2. In Lysychansk, 3 people were wounded, 1 more person died.
- Shelling with prohibited phosphorus ammunition. As a result of the shelling, almost all utility systems were destroyed.
- Shelling of the territory.
- Anti-tank mines with a self-destruction mechanism were thrown into the territory of the Industrialnyi, Kyivskyi and Nemyshlyanskyi districts of the city. As a result of detonations, fires occurred. For demining, streets were blocked and neighborhoods cordoned off. Information about the victims is being specified.
- Shelling of Saltivka and the Kholodnohirskyi district, houses, shops, warehouses, cars were damaged and destroyed. There is a child among the dead, another 19 people were injured, incl. 2 children.
- A car on the Chernihiv-Kyiv highway pulled over and hit an anti-tank mine.
- Residential buildings were damaged, agricultural machinery and warehouses with an area of 105 sq. m. were destroyed.
- Shelling of the territory of the village, information about the victims is being specified.
- Missile attack on an infrastructure facility, resulting in a fire.
- The territory of the village was shelled with phosphorus ammunition. The houses were damaged.
- Shelling of the settlements: Hulyaipole, Huliaipilske, Zaliznychne, Pryyutne, Novodanylivka, Pavlivka, Stepnohirsk, Orikhiv, Mala Tokmachka, Charivne, Olhivske, Malynivka, Chervona Krynytsya.
- The mayor’s office confirmed the use of chemical weapons by Russian troops in the area of the Azovstal plant. The Azov battalion stated that 3 soldiers were injured, they also name the main symptoms of the victims: facial flushing, increased blood pressure, dryness and heartburn in the oropharynx and mucous membranes of the eyes. According to the regiment, the Russian troops used poisonous substances or potent poisonous substances, predominantly asphyxiating. Presumably, sarin was used.
- Shelling of the settlements: Mariupol, Avdiivka, Mar’inka, Kurakhove, Selidove, Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, Mykhailivka, Pivnichne, New York, Stara Mykolaivka (former Pravdivka), Katerynivka. In Mykhailivka, 30 houses were damaged. 8 people were injured. In Mariupol, it was possible to confirm information about another 7 civilian deaths for an earlier period, however, it is not possible to establish the exact number of victims at the moment.
- As a result of the artillery shelling, 3 residential buildings were completely destroyed, another 53 houses and a high-rise building were damaged. 3 people were injured, 2 of which were hospitalized.
- Artillery shelling of Velyka Oleksandrivka. As a result of the shelling, residential buildings, farm buildings, garages and cars were destroyed.
- [War] President Volodymyr Zelenskyy signed amendments to the decree canceling the previously set deadlines for the next conscription of Ukrainian citizens for military service in April-June, as well as the demobilization of previously called-up conscripts.
- [War] President Volodymyr Zelensky signed amendments to the decree allowing the assignment of ranks and positions of sergeants and foremen to privates (except for military conscripts) who have not received special training but have combat experience.
- [Support for the economy] The Central Bank of Russia has canceled the commission of 12% for the purchase of foreign currency through brokers, which has been in effect since March 3.
- [Support for the economy] A simplified drug registration procedure will be in effect to enter the Russian market until the end of 2023. The period of registration and quality examination will be reduced by 30 days. Previously unregistered drugs can be used upon receipt of a temporary authorization.
You must be logged in to post a comment.