Grid Dynamics closes offices in Russia and opens new ones in Europe
Grid Dynamics, ranked among the top 15 largest IT companies in Ukraine, has announced that it is closing its offices in Russia and will permanently cease its operations there within the next few weeks.
- According to the company’s press service, the exit plan has been in the works since the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine in late February.
- Grid Dynamics had offices in Saratov and St. Petersburg. Russian employees were offered to relocate. Most of them have already moved.
- The company has R&D centers in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Dnipro, and other cities. The company also offered relocation to Ukrainians.
“Our exit from Russia is timely and necessary. Grid Dynamics has an unwavering commitment to Ukraine, our employees, and the future of humanity,” said Leonard Livschitz, Grid Dynamics CEO.
- Grid Dynamics has also announced the opening of new offices in Zug, Switzerland, and Yerevan, Armenia.
- The new office in Yerevan already employs more than a hundred engineers. The Armenian office is expected to grow several times in 2022.
- Grid Dynamics is a digital-native technology services provider that accelerates growth and bolsters competitive advantage for Fortune 1000 companies. The company has offices across the US, Mexico, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Central and Eastern Europe. Among its clients are Google, Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, PayPal, and other tech giants. The company is listed on NASDAQ.