War in Ukraine / April 12
Kharkiv is under constant fire
Kharkiv has been shelled more than 60 times in the last 24 hours. According to the head of the Kharkiv regional military administration Oleh Synegubov, the districts of Oleksiyivka, HTZ, Odesa, the airport, Saltivka, Pivnichna Saltivka were affected again, 602 microdistricts were affected: there was a direct hit on the 16th floor. 22 people were injured, a 2-year-old boy and 6 adults died.
The intensification of the attack on Kharkiv is exactly what military experts have said before. Russia has concentrated significant troops in the eastern direction and seeks to strike even harder at Donetsk, Luhansk and Kharkiv regions. The last thing we see today is that the editor of the newsletter is right now in Kharkiv and can see with his own eyes how the city is being shelled. The increase in shelling is contributing to the fact that even more people are leaving the city.
At the same time, Sinegubov assures that the Armed Forces hold positions and no one will surrender Kharkiv: the city has enough military presence and reserves. Moreover, there are even successful counterattacks – in Rogan, Dergachiv directions. The enemy suffers significant losses in the Izyum direction – among the manpower, among its armored vehicles. This remains the hottest spot in the region.
Mobile crematoria operate in Mariupol
Meanwhile, intelligence reports that an important element of Putin’s propaganda is the capture of Mariupol. It’s not just about capturing the city. It is planned that a big holiday parade will take place on May 9 in Mariupol. To do this, the city must capture and remove one of the central streets. Hundreds of civilian and military bodies will be cremated in russian mobile crematoria.
Airstrike, missile and MRL dama
- A total of 17 attacks were recorded during the day. In Rubizhne, a residential area was completely destroyed as a result of shelling. In Severodonetsk, as a result of shelling, a hospital building caught fire, the fire was extinguished. 2 administrative buildings and a private house were also destroyed. In Popasna, 2 private houses and a multi-storey building were destroyed. Kreminna, where 6 houses were destroyed, and Novodruzhesk were also shelled. In Lysychansk, 3 houses were destroyed.
- As a result of the shelling, residential buildings were damaged and destroyed, 2 more people were injured. Banned cluster bombs were used.
- As a result of the shelling, residential buildings were damaged and destroyed. Among the dead there is a 16-year-old girl, and one more person was injured.
- There was constant shelling throughout the day, 53 strikes were made, all districts of the city were shelled, fires broke out. 22 more civilians were wounded, incl. 3 children. Also, a 2-year-old boy, injured during the shelling of the playground the day before, died in the hospital.
- Shelling of Mariupol, Avdiivka, Mar’inka, Velyka Novosilka, as a result, residential buildings and a factory were damaged. 2 people were injured – a 12-year-old child in Velyka Novosilka and another person in Novokalynove. Information about the wounding of a resident of Mar’inka was also confirmed, and a wounded resident of the Luhansk region also died in Bakhmut.
- 7 people were shot, then the house with their bodies was blown up.
- ~10 houses and infrastructure were damaged. There are wounded, among them – a child who was wounded in the chest, and was taken to hospital in serious condition.
- The territory of the village was shelled with phosphorus ammunition. The houses were damaged.
- Shelling of the village with the use of prohibited phosphorus ammunition. The roof of the house caught fire.
- Shelling of the settlements: Huliaipilske, Pavlivka, Stepnohirsk, Mala Tokmachka, Charivne.
- As a result of the shelling, the buildings of the enterprise and a garage with 3 cars were destroyed, and 4 residential buildings were damaged.
- Private houses were shelled, a local resident was killed by a fragment of a shell.
- Attack on the military unit, there was a fire in the ammunition depot, there were no casualties. The railway station was also shelled, the route and schedule of 17 trains were changed.
- 2 strikes on an infrastructure facility. Information about the damage and victims is being specified.
- [Martial law] President Volodymyr Zelensky signed a law that introduces a guarantee for the return of bank deposits in the event that a bank is withdrawn from the market during martial law and three months from the date of its termination or cancellation. The law implies an increase in the state-guaranteed amount of funds on deposits up to UAH 600,000, as well as the inclusion of Oschadbank JSC in the list of participants in the deposit guarantee system for individuals. individuals and the introduction of a 100% deposit return guarantee in the event of a bank withdrawing from the market.
- [Compensations] The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine signed a decree on the allocation of funds to family members of the dead, as well as to persons who received disabilities in the military operation against the Russian Federation.
- [Compensations] Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the allocation of funds from the reserve fund of the state budget to provide employers with compensation for labor costs for each employed person from among internally displaced persons as a result of hostilities.
- [Response to the sanctions] A draft law has been introduced to introduce external management by court decision for foreign companies that have announced their exit from the Russian market “without obvious economic reasons, based on anti-Russian sentiment in Europe and the United States.”
- [Restrictions] The temporary restriction regime for flights to 11 Russian airports in the southern and central parts of the Russian Federation has been extended until 04/19/2022.
- [Support for the economy] Amendments to the Decree “On the peculiarities of licensing activities in the Russian Federation in 2022” have been approved. According to which, various types of permits will be automatically extended for different documents, including: driver’s licenses; diagnostic cards of vehicles carrying dangerous goods; sanitary and epidemiological conclusions; certificates of state registration of breeding herds, etc.
- [Support for the economy] A Decree on the procedure for granting land plots to citizens and enterprises was signed. According to the document: – Entrepreneurs setting up the production of import-substituting products will be able to lease state or municipal land plots without bidding; – previously leased state or municipal land plots for personal subsidiary plots can be redeemed by citizens without an auction; – the state will be able to equally exchange state or municipal land plots for private land, if it is required for the construction of socio-cultural and communal facilities.