Ukraine’s Preply ranks among the largest private marketplaces in the world
The Ukrainian startup Preply, which develops an educational platform, is in 59th place in the Marketplace 100, a ranking of the largest consumer-facing marketplace startups and private companies, co-founder of the company Dmytro Voloshyn posted on his Facebook page.
- Preply is No. 59 in the general list and No. 5 among educational projects.
- Instacart, an American company that operates a grocery delivery and pick-up service, tops the list.
- The rankings were prepared by a16z, one of the most famous venture capital funds in the world.
- The list is based on three metrics: an estimate of the total turnover of goods and services, Apptopia data for app performance, and SimilarWeb data for website traffic.
- Preply raised a $35 million Series B round last year. The startup used the funds to expand the company’s staff across all locations where it operates.
- Preply has more than 40,000 tutors who teach 50 languages to hundreds of thousands of students across 180 countries.