Estonian metaverse startup Cardalonia raises $420K for a blockchain-based game
The Tallinn-based metaverse startup Cardalonia has raised $420,000 to develop its blockchain strategy game. It is the first metaverse project based on the Cardano blockchain, according to the startup’s press release.
- Founded in 2021 by Alice Sand, Cardalonia develops virtual world where players can build, own, and customize their own experiences on the Cardano blockchain.
- The game is based on a P2E (pay to earn) concept. Players will be able to play it while they earn and spend in-game money, called Lonia tokens.
“We are on a mission to develop a creator friendly and interactive platform that will surpass already existing metaverse giants like Decentraland and Sandbox which are built on the Ethereum blockchain,”Cardalonia CTO Vasil Air says about the project.
- The startup completed the $420,000 pre-seed funding round in January. More than eight investors, including blockchain players led by Hedgespur Capital took part in the round.
- Cardalonia ecosystem is powered by Cardano. It is a 3rd Generation POS Blockchain. One Cardano token is worth about $0.92 at the time of release. Its recent highest value was at $1.21 on April 4, 2022.
- The fresh funding will help Cardalonia kick off the project, enter strategic partnerships, onboard more developers, and also bring more enthusiasts into the Metaverse space.