War in Ukraine / April 25
Unrest in Transnistria
The second day, terrorist attacks took place in Transnistria: several explosions followed one another, buildings and infrastructure were destroyed. Some prorussian politics have already made statements that this is the work of the Ukrainian side, which allegedly attacked the positions of Transnistria. The Security Service of Ukraine refutes these statements.
The situation could get out of hand, but Moldova took the floor: President Maya Sandu said the blasts were the work of local forces fighting for control of the territory. Sandu also said that a forceful solution to the problem is not planned, she prefers diplomacy. However, the combat readiness of the army has been strengthened.
The Ukrainian side has already said that Moldova should beware: Russia seeks to draw a land border as far as Transnistria, and therefore – Moldova may be in close proximity to potential borders of Russia, then the country will be under direct influence of Putin and receive Russian troops directly at its border.
At the same time, Ukraine does not believe in the possibility of an offensive from Transnistria: there concentrated up to 3,000 troops and small stockpiles of weapons. At the same time, all crossings are controlled by the Ukrainian military, there will be no surprise effect, instead, Ukrainian artillery fires at enemy positions.
Mykolaiv waits for attack
At the same time, the activity in Transnistria only testifies to Putin’s desire to take control of the entire south of Ukraine. As proof – the statement of leaders of Mykolaiv about expectations of new attacks on the region. According to them, the Russian army is being “massively transferred” to the borders of the region from the Crimea in preparation for the attack on the city. Mykolaiv prepares for a siege and plans protection. On the way to Odessa – Mykolaiv is the largest city that has already defended its borders for two months.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Russian forces killed the 500 kW Kreminna substation. The whole Luhansk region power supply stopped.
- During the day, Russian troops shelled areas of Saltivka, Oleksiivka, Pyatykhatky, KhTZ and Novi Domy. Multi-storey and private residential buildings, garages and cars were destroyed and damaged, fires occurred. 4 people were injured.
- As a result of the shelling near Kamyanka, the power supply system was damaged, 5.8k households were cut off the supply. In Vasylivka, the gas station utility room was on fire. In Molochansk the fire damaged the railroad passenger car. The shelling also resulted into the fire in the residential neighborhoods in Orikhiv. Distribution pipe line was damaged in Orikhiv, and the inlet pipe line – in Preobrazhenskaya. 8 residential houses were damaged in Polohy.
- The shelling caused a gas pipeline loss of pressure and fire. During the process of fire suppression, a firefighter was wounded by the second shelling. As a result of the shelling, the gas pipeline was depressurized and caught fire. The shelling also killed a boy and girl of 9 and 14 years old respectively.
- There was shelling of Novopavlivka, Trudoliubivka, Knyazivka, as well as Osokorivka and Novovorontsovka neighborhood. There were also attempts to attack using armored vehicles.
- The Rivne village outskirts at Nova Sloboda community were shelled from the Russian territory. According to the Border Guard, there were 15 projectiles. The village outskirts were also shot at from light weapons. Besides, there were strikes on the territory between the villages of Bunyakyne and Nova Sloboda in the same area. There were seven mortar hits near the Hyryne village at Bilopillya community.
- Russian shelling caused a fire in the residential area, houses were damaged.
- Rocket strike on the railroad hub in Korosten, the missile fell near the station. 7 houses in a dacha community were damaged. Pieces of the second missile were found at the Brusyliv community, the third missile was found in the forest at the Radomyshl district. According to the Russian MD report, “a traction substation near the Berdychiv station” was destroyed.
- Three missiles damaged the railroad infrastructure, causing the delays of the trains, the town power supply was disrupted. 20 residential houses around the strike epicenter were damaged – the blast wave and shrapnel pieces hit the windows and roofs. One railroad employee was wounded.
- Missile strikes on the railroad infrastructure, the fire outbreaks occurred. The town power and water supply systems were damaged.
- A rocket strike hit the traction substation of the Krasne station, causing the fire. The missiles were deployed from the strategic bombers.
- 2 missiles were launched from the coastal station Bastion from the occupied Crimea aiming for Odesa region. One of the rockets fell into the water, the second one was shot down by the air defence.
- [Other] A number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) of presidential decrees on personnel changes for the positions of the Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea.
- [Economics] The Bank of Russia has moved to setting the official exchange rates of foreign currencies against the ruble as of 15:30, the regulator said in a statement.
- [Other] In the Ryazan region, an innovative scientific and technological center (INTC) “Aerospace Innovation Valley” will be built, the main areas of activity of which will be aerospace, biomedical and information technologies, as well as electronics and radio engineering. The decree on the establishment of the center was signed by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin, the press service of the government reported.
- [Other] The government has expanded the list of goods, works, services in the field of space activities, information on the procurement of which should not be posted in the Unified Information System (UIS) in the field of procurement.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.