Dealbook 2022: The volume of deals in the Ukrainian venture capital market reached $832M
The investment firm AVentures Capital has published a study of Ukraine’s venture capital and IT market for last year, Dealbook 2022. AIN.Capital shares the key figures.
- Most of the data for the report has been collected before the war. But the study also includes a few slides about how the war affected this market.
- The volume of deals in the VC and PE (private equity) markets in 2021 exceeded $832 million, which is more than 45% year-over-year growth.
According to the report, three companies with Ukrainian roots raised 58% of 2021 funding:
- Early-stage deals (Seed and Series A) exceeded $240 million a year.
- There was also significant activity in the M&A segment during the year: more than 28 exits from product and service IT companies.
- The study also noted that more and more Ukrainian businesses became unicorns: Grammarly, People.ai, GitHub, Bitfury.
- The most active investors in the Ukrainian market were the following funds:
- The report also mentioned the significant development of the Ukrainian aerospace industry and military technologies.
You can also see editions of Dealbooks for previous years: