War in Ukraine / April 26
Russian towns near Ukrainian borders are also a target now
Almost from the very beginning of the war, several Russian border regions began to face terrorist attacks: weapons depots exploded. At first they tried to attribute it to carelessness, later – that it was the work of the Ukrainian military. Ukraine did not confirm its participation, but neither did it deny it.
The situation has changed in the last few days. In a short period of time, several large fuel depots of almost 25,000 cubic meters were destroyed, as well as large weapons depots in the Belgorod and Kursk regions. Ukraine did not confirm its participation, but the Russian leadership stated that it was the work of Ukrainian saboteurs. In Belgorod, Voronezh and Kursk regions increased combat readiness.
For the first time in two months of the war, the Ukrainian side issued a more or less specific statement. Adviser to the head of the President’s Office Mykhailo Podoliak pointed out that the above-mentioned regions are now also beginning to actively study such a concept as “demilitarization”. Disarmament. ” Ironically, Podoliak did not claim that the positions were attacked by the Ukrainian side, but his message was clear and obvious. “The reasons for the destruction of the military infrastructure of border areas can be completely different. Up to God’s divine intervention in the affairs of sinners who massacred people in Ukrainian Mariupol during Holy Week” – he added.
Attacks on frontline areas are understandable. First, Ukraine is trying to destroy the supply of the Russian army, in other words – to break the logistics. We are talking about the supply of fuel for tanks and armored vehicles, as well as ammunition brought by the army. A total of 18 fuel depots in the regions bordering Ukraine have already been destroyed. If this continues, the effectiveness of the Russian army’s offensive will decline. It is worth noting that Britain has already made a statement: they do not mind if the equipment they transfer will affect strategic goals in Russia.
Russia has said that in the case of continued hostilities in their country, the next missile strikes will be aimed at decision-making centers in Kyiv.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- As a result of shelling In Popasna, a residential building where civilians were hiding was destroyed. 3 civilians got killed, 1 got injured.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the community, houses in Odnorobivka were partially destroyed, 4 people were wounded. In Zolochiv, 3 more people were wounded.
- The territories of Saltivka, Oleksiivka, Piatykhatky, KhTZ and Obriy were shelled. Residential buildings and garages were destroyed and damaged, fires broke out and cars were also destroyed. 7 people were wounded.
- There was a city shelling. Two “Kalibr” missiles hit the territory of the Zaporizhzhya aluminum plant, the third missile exploded in the air. Infrastructure facilities of the enterprise were damaged and destroyed. According to preliminary information, 1 person died and 1 was wounded. At the same time, the missiles flew at low altitude over the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant.
- A missile fired by Russian troops was shot down by air defense not far from Zaporizhzhya. The rocket fell in a field outside populated areas.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, a private house, a shop and agricultural equipment were destroyed (1, 2).
- During the night, 35 air strikes on the Azovstal steel plant were recorded, and a fire started in one of the workshops.
- As a result of an airstrike on Avdiivka the Central City Hospital, a school, and residential buildings were damaged (1, 2).
- Russian forces shelled residential houses and civil infrastructure in Novodmytrivka, Bila Krynytsya, Mykolaivka, Mala Shestirnya, Trudoliubivka, Osokorivka, as well as Novovorontsovka, Zolota Balka and other villages. The prohibited cluster munitions were applied. One person was wounded.
- One of the villages in the community was shelled from Russian territory.
- As a result of night shelling by Smerch multiple launch rocket systems of private sector of the city residential areas, the houses of local residents were damaged. A gas pipeline was broken in one of the houses, but there was no gas explosion. A man died from a shrapnel wound in his own house on Torhova Street. Also, as a result of the shelling, deadwood caught fire on an area of 500 m2 near the Ozharske horticultural cooperative in Mykolaiv district.
- A Russian missile with banned cluster munitions was shot down over the territory of the region. The debris fell into a field outside the settlements, and one of the fragments hit the courtyard of a private house.
- As a result of the missile strike, the railway-road bridge across Dniester Liman was damaged. Due to the damage received, the bridge is temporarily closed.
- [Other] Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 279/2022 on awarding state awards of Ukraine to employees of the National Children’s Specialized Hospital “OKHMATDIT” of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- [War] Russian Federation President decree №238 on the promotion to the hero grade for A.S. Delimkhanov, for courage and heroism, demonstrated during the special military operation in PRL, PRD and Ukraine.
- [War] “The Head of PRD” signed a decree on the reward establishment “for the liberation of Mariupol”.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.