Ukraine to receive high-precision satellite images thanks to EOS and GEOSAT
GEOSAT 2 became the first satellite to transmit operational surveillance data on the territory of Ukraine exclusively for its use. The country will be able to use this data for operational military intelligence in its fight against a full-scale Russian invasion. The information was provided to AIN.Capital by representatives of EOS.
- The satellite is in orbit and allows to receive data with ultra-high resolution, previously inaccessible to Ukraine. Launched into orbit in January 2022, the Ukrainian satellite “Sich-2-30” yields a much lower resolution.
- It also provides the ability to take pictures at a distance of 100 kilometers from the state border of Ukraine.
- Thus, Ukraine has intensified surveillance of its territory from orbit. It became possible thanks to the satellite data transfer agreement with the EOS, founded by Ukrainian entrepreneur Max Polyakov.
“The real challenges Ukraine faced have shown the lack of quality satellite imagery for many areas. Our access to GEOSAT 2 will be useful for all sectors of the Ukrainian economy, which use satellite analytics in their activities in the long term. However, access to satellite data specifically for operational military intelligence is crucial”, says EOS founder, international entrepreneur, and philanthropist Max Polyakov.
More about EOS and GEOSAT 2
- EOS is a global provider of satellite analytics based on artificial intelligence. The company’s technologies cover remote sensing solutions for decision-making in agriculture, mining, oil, security, defense, and other areas.
- The founder of EOS Data Analytics is Max Polyakov, an entrepreneur in the space technology and IT industry, the managing partner of Noosphere Ventures investment fund, as well as the founder of Firefly Aerospace, SETS, Renatus, Maxpay, etc. Max Polyakov was born in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine.
- GEOSAT is an Earth observation company providing imagery and data products from its own satellites and those of partner companies. GEOSAT provides its customers worldwide with customized solutions based on high-quality imagery.
- GEOSAT 2 operates from a Sun-synchronous orbit at a mean altitude of 620 km, with a local time of ascending node (LTAN) of 10h30, which allows an average revisit time of two days worldwide (one day at mid-latitudes).
- The strategic partnership between EOS and GEOSAT 2 strengthens Ukraine’s space intelligence capabilities and helps increase the effectiveness of protecting its territory, as well as improving the quality of data collection on damage to the population and economy caused by military aggression by the Russian Federation. The data can be used to solve problems in the agricultural sector, forestry, and other industries.
- EOS and GEOSAT 2 reached an agreement on the data transfer to Ukraine a month ago, but it has been made public only now for information security reasons in a full-scale war.
The strategic partnership between EOS and GEOSAT 2 strengthens Ukraine’s space intelligence capabilities and helps increase the effectiveness of national territory protection, as well as improving the quality of data collection on the damage caused to the population and economy by the military aggression of the Russian Federation.
The data can also be used to tackle problems in the agricultural sector, forestry, and other industries.
“Ukraine needs to accelerate the development of its technologies that would strengthen the country’s security. Not to depend on the delays of international partners or months-long procedures of signing contracts with foreign companies, but to create modern weapons and be ready to defend the country and Ukrainians at any moment. I am ready to invest in military and intelligence technologies aimed at strengthening Ukraine’s security,” said Max Polyakov.