Finnish software startup Aiven raises $210M in Series D from Eurazeo
12 May, 2022, 12:14
- Founded in 2016 by Hannu Valtonen, Heikki Nousiainen, Mika Eloranta, and Oskari Saarenmaa, Aiven builds tools for developers using open-source technologies to manage data in the cloud space. The company provides services like PostgreSQL, Kafka, and M3 on all major clouds.
- Eurazeo SE led the Series D round. It is a French private equity and venture capital firm investing in SMEs since 1969. BlackRock Inc, a growth-stage investment fund, participated in the funding round.
- In October 2021, Aiven closed its previous $60 million Series C investment round. Atomico and several other investors helped Aiven jump to a $2 billion valuation. Now, with a total of $420 million in funding, the company is valued at $3 billion.
- Aiven has grown a team of over 400 employees and recently started hiring people in Japan as it aims to expand into the Asia-Pacific and Latin America regions.
- The fresh funds will help the company enter new markets and possibly make its first acquisitions.