War in Ukraine / May 11
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter here.
The Russian military shot Ukrainians in the back
The CNN team managed to get a video of two Russian soldiers shooting two Ukrainian men in the back. The first dies on the spot, the second – in a few hours. It happened on March 16 near Kyiv. The exact location is not reported, but it is stated that it was the territory of the car dealership. A military vehicle marked V arrived at the building, and people dressed in Russian military uniforms came out. After the soldiers searched the security guard and the owner of the center, they were released. But in a moment – shot in the back. The guard manages to survive, he was wounded in the leg. It was he who called for territorial defense, which helped bring him to a safer zone, but the man could not be saved – he lost too much blood.
After the shooting, the Russian military staged a mess in the cabin: rummaging in boxes, tables, looking for valuables, and drinking alcohol. In addition, trying to break into the salon, they smashed the windows. More details are not reported, but the editor of this newsletter, on condition of anonymity, was told by several car dealership owners that their cars had been stolen and taken out of Ukraine. Some have 3-5 cars, some have a warehouse for a hundred cars.
But what is significant here is not so much looting as another proof of the killing of civilians by the Russian military. These were unarmed people who did not resist and turned their backs on the military. The video is another proof of the mass killings of civilians. Earlier, such videos from Bucha have already been published by The New York Times. In total, Ukraine reports more than 1,250 civilians killed in cities around Kyiv, and the United Nations has also confirmed more than 1,000 deaths. At the same time, mass graves continue to be found in cities occupied by Russian troops.
Ukraine is appealing to The Hague in each of these cases.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- A tractor driver was injured due to shelling of the field where he was working.
- As a result of missile attacks, the warehouse of agricultural products on the territory of the community was completely destroyed. 1 person got killed.
- The rocket exploded over an infrastructure facility in a settlement near the regional center. The facility was partially destroyed.
- At 05:15 am, 1 missile was shot down over the concrete products plant in the village. Infrastructure of the village was shelled during the day time. 3 people were injured. Russian troops fired at least 18 shells and more than 50 houses were damaged. Three houses and outbuildings were on fire.
- At least 24 houses were damaged by Russian troops on May 11th, including 7 houses in Severodonetsk. The Russian army shells the same area in Severodonetsk three times a week. The shelling started at about 10 a.m. In Rubizne 3 houses were destroyed, in Hirske 2 houses were destroyed, 5 houses – in Vrubivka, 4 houses – in Komyshuvaha, 3 houses – in Toshkivka. In general, during May 11, towns and villages in the Luhans’k region were shelled 26 times. Severodonetsk was shelled 9 times. Near Lysychansk a truck came under fire & was damaged.
- An infrastructure facility was partially destroyed as a result of a missile attack from an aircraft.
- 1 missile launched from an airplane was shot down. The missile fragments fell into the sea.
- As a result of the artillery shelling, a section of the Balabanovskiy forest with an area of 0.8 hectares caught fire. In the village of Novoselivka of the Shevchenkove community, a house caught fire due to the impact of ammunition. During the day, 11 people were injured in the region.
- Russian troops used phosphorus munitions at Svitlodars’k district.
- Two micro-districts of Slavyansk were shelled by Russian troops.
- In the Kramators’k district, a warehouse with ammonium nitrate was damaged as a result of shelling. The leadership of the city military administration asked civilians to limit their stay in the open air and close windows for a day.
- Russian troops fired 16 82mm mortar rounds at the Ukrainian border area. The shells exploded not far from one of the border villages of the Horodnya district.
- Russian troops shelled the settlements of the Beryslav disctrict: Novovorontsovka, Osokorivka, Zolota Balka. Due to constant shelling, there is no electricity and water supply in the following villages: Myrolyubivka, Khreshchenivka, Trudoliubivka, Shevchenkivka, Lyubymivka, Osokorivka, Zolota Balka. Houses and communal property facilities were damaged. There are a lot of shell fragments in the yards of private houses, and unexploded shells on personal plots. There were wounded among the civilians, but their exact number of casualties is unknown. Hostilities also continue on the territory of the Velyka Oleksandrivka community; there is no electricity supply in Velyka Oleksandrivka itself (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
- There was a shelling of the villages’ outskirts. The shelling hit the fields. Power grid and outbuildings were damaged.
- [Sanctions] The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted a bill No. 7371, introduced by the President of Ukraine, on the approval of the Decree of the President of Ukraine “On the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine dated May 11, 2022 “On the compulsory seizure of objects with property rights of the Russian Federation and its residents in Ukraine”, according to which the assets of Sberbank of Russia and Prominvestbank in Ukraine will be seized.
- [Other] Decree of the Russian Federation Government No. 848 “On Amendments to the Regulations on the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation”, according to which the Ministry has added the possibility to independently decide on the form of a passport for an agricultural land plot and the format for providing information from the state register.
- [Other] Decree of the Russian Federation Government No. 847 “On Amendments to the Regulations on the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation”, according to which the Ministry can independently adopt a methodology for determining the amount of payment for the creation of an artificial land plot.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.