MacPaw releases a major update for CleanMyMac X in beta
MacPaw is releasing a major update for CleanMyMac X in beta — a more powerful Menu app that includes tools and dashboards for monitoring Mac health. The new Menu app helps users stay confident that they can rely on their machines to complete any task at hand, as the company’s representatives reported to AIN.Capital.
- The new Menu App functionality aims to increase the longevity of a Mac by adding five detailed monitors.
- The five new monitors provide detailed information about the state of Mac’s storage, protection, CPU, RAM, and battery.
- These updates will give users general information about Mac’s health, pressure, temperature, and consumption processes.
- The new functionality will be available to all users, including the trial version. Everyone running macOS 10.10 and higher can join the beta-testing in the app and provide feedback by clicking the Provide Feedback button in the app.
“Despite the horrible war in our home country Ukraine, MacPaw remains stable as a business and continues active product development, creating value for our users,” says Oleksandr Kosovan, CEO of MacPaw, “This release brings major updates to the CleanMyMac X App Menu, making the maintenance of Mac’s health even easier and smoother. The new functionality is available for all users, no matter whether they have a premium subscription or not. During this beta release, we are eager to get customers’ feedback. It will help us a lot in delivering the best possible value in the public release.”
- Protection monitoring gives quick ideas on how to protect a Mac computer from malware and threats.
- Storage and hard drive monitoring help keep track of the available storage, temperature, types of data stored on a drive, and size of trash that users can clean immediately.
- Aside from keeping an eye on the load of the CPU, users can now see the top-consuming apps, the uptime of the system and watch for unusual activity spikes.
- RAM monitoring gives information about what is happening with the computer’s RAM, RAM-consuming apps, and whether it is okay to keep pushing it further.
- Battery monitoring helps to check the number of charge cycles, the overall battery health, and how much time it would take till the battery is fully charged.
How to test the updated Menu app in CleanMyMac X
- Download CleanMyMac X here.
- Launch the application.
- Go to Preferences in the Menu Bar or hit Command+, on your keyboard.
- Check Offer to update to Beta versions
- Click Check for updates
- Test the new functionality and share your feedback by going to Help → Provide Feedback in the Menu bar.
About CleanMyMac X by MacPaw
- CleanMyMac is an advanced clean-up app designed to power up and protect Macs.
- Developed by software powerhouse MacPaw, the app has been downloaded more than 20 million times, helping users keep their machines in optimum condition for the past 14 years.
- MacPaw is a software company with a headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. MacPaw is a developer of such apps as CleanMyMac X and Setapp.
- Today, MacPaw has more than ten software products with over 30 million users worldwide.
- Every fifth Mac on Earth has at least one app by MacPaw.