Estonian HRtech Werk raises $1.3M in pre-seed funding
18 May, 2022, 20:51
Werk, a Tallinn-based HRtech startup, has raised $1.3 million in a pre-seed funding round. The Estonian VC firm Change Ventures was a leading investor. Foundamental VC and several business angels also participated. It is one of the biggest pre-seed rounds in European HR and construction-tech history, ArcticStartup informs.
- Founded in 2020 by Martin Kalamees, Marion Kallakas, and Markus Tarn, Werk develops a platform enabling companies to hire skilled migrant construction workers. It handles everything from recruitment and verification to relocation.
- The startup only works with verified companies providing equal payment terms, treatment, and protection conditions. Werk uses AI to match contractors with employees, and then it handles HR and payroll processes.
- The startup has over 2,000 verified construction workers and customers within Estonia, Finland, Sweden, and Denmark.
“Werk is providing a valuable service for businesses that need labourers, as well as a safe platform for those looking for jobs outside of their native countries. We are happy to lead this first round of investment,”Rait Ojasaar from Change Ventures commented on the round.
- Change Ventures is a seed venture capital fund focusing on startups from the Baltic region that can build global-scale businesses. The fund usually invests from €400,000 to €2 million.
- Werk intends to use the fresh funds to expand its team and focus on product development and marketing.