War in Ukraine / May 20-22
Up to 100 Heroes of Ukraine die every day in the East
At a briefing, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that from 50 to 100 Ukrainian soldiers are dying in the East every day. Zelenskiy also stated that today the eastern direction is the most difficult. Zelenskiy’s words are important for understanding what is happening on the Ukrainian side.
Ukraine has only given figures for its own losses twice, avoiding accurate calculations. In wartime, this is a common practice: no one intends to down the fighting spirit of their people. The figure of 50-100 troops per day shows that the war continues and this is a loss in only one area, not all, so the real numbers may be even higher: Russia continues shelling in Chernihiv, Sumy, Mykolaiv and Kharkiv regions.
At the same time, the main forces of the Russian army really focused on the eastern direction, in particular, in the Luhansk region. At daily briefings, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine points out that this is the direction of the fiercest fighting, the enemy is concentrating large forces here and seeks to force the Seversky Donets River to create a bridgehead and further offensive. It is possible to restrain the enemy with great effort – from 50 to 100 Heroes of Ukraine give their lives for the freedom of all Europe.
There are no exact losses of the Ukrainian military in this war. Ukraine reports that the losses of the Russian army – more than 29,000 people. British intelligence indicates only that in three months of war in Ukraine, Russia’s losses have been greater than in the Soviet Union in ten years of war in Afghanistan.
Latest war investigations of the Molfar team:
- Drama Theater in Mariupol
- Bombing of the children’s hospital and maternity hospital in Mariupol
- Strike in the center of Donetsk by rocket missile Tochka-U
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Due to shelling, 2 houses, 2 summer kitchens, 3 cars were destroyed.
- A branch of the Kharkiv Automobile and Road College in Lozova was shelled. 85% of the windows were damaged, building block №1, the workshop and the dormitory were also damaged.
- Russian troops shelled Chuhuiv and Shevchenkivske communities. During the day, 8 people were injured in the region, of which 5 people were injured in Saltivka.
- After the community shelling, cluster munitions were found.
- The Kyiv region was shelled. 2 people got injured. The Church of the Intercession of the Holy Mother of God was damaged.
- During the day Pivnichna Saltivka, Velyka Danylivka, Pervomaiske, Tsyrkuny, Balakliia community were shelled. In total, 4 people were injured in the region.
- During field work in a field near the village of Lypivka Bucha district, a tractor exploded as a result of a collision with a mine left by Russian troops. Special equipment received significant damage, the tractor driver was hospitalized with injuries. Near the epicenter of the explosion, about 10 anti-tank mines left by Russian soldiers in the field were identified and neutralized.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the border village of Kucherivka Shostka district from the territory of the Russian Federation. 6 explosions of shells were recorded.
- Olhivske, Zatyshshya, Novodanylivka and Kamyanske were shelled by Russian troops. Preobrazhenka was shelled using artillery, as a result of the shelling a woman was killed. Due to an artillery strike on Vasylivka, a fire broke out, also a gas pipe was damaged.
- As a result of the shelling, the historical building of the townspeople Meleshkovs, on Cathedral Street, was destroyed. A five-story house, three private houses, a summer kitchen, a household building were damaged, a fire broke out on the territory of one private house.
- As a result of the shelling, a school and the building of the City Executive Committee were destroyed. A fire broke out in two residential areas. 1917 houses were left without gas, as a result of the Orichiv district shelling.
- The Pavlograd bridge between Severodonetsk and Lysychansk was destroyed. Severodonetsk, Lysychansk and Bilohorivka were shelled. Damaged buildings: 7 in Severodonetsk, 5 in Lysychansk, 5 in Toshkivka, 5 in Nyrkove, 4 in Vrubivka, 3 in Hirske, 3 in Zolote, 2 in Pryvillia, Novodruzhes’k. The assault and offensive actions were near Oskoloņivka, Purdivka, Shchedryshcheve and Smolyanynove.
- Residential buildings and infrastructure were damaged, as a result of the shelling.
- As a result of shelling by cluster munitions, 10 residential buildings and a gas pipeline were damaged. 5 people were injured, including two children.
- As a result of the shelling of Pervomaiske urban-type village, an apartment in a residential building caught fire.
- Russian troops shelled residential and industrial areas of the city. Five people were injured.
- As a result of the shelling, a construction base was destroyed in the Mykolayiv region.
- Russian troops fired cluster munitions on the private sector of the city. Residential buildings were damaged, domestic animals were injured and killed. In total, 11 people were injured in the region during the day.
- As a result of the shelling of Mykolaivka in Kramatorsk district, two people were killed, two – were injured. 10 private houses were damaged, two houses were destroyed.
- As a result of the shelling by the Russian army, a music school was destroyed. One civilian got killed (1, 2).
- Russian troops shelled Bakhmut, Soledar, Avdiivka, Toretsk, Zalizne, Raihorodok, Lastochkyne, Pervomaiske, Yarova, Sil. 40 residential buildings, a school, a music school, an institute, enterprises, life support facilities were destroyed.
In Lyman, a house was destroyed by a direct hit, three people were killed, one person was mortally wounded.
- A man found 7 cluster munitions in the field and took it home. The ammunition detonated due to which the man was injured and hospitalized in intensive care.
- Apostolovo community was shelled.
- Russian troops carried out a missile attack on a military facility in the Rivne region. As a result of the shelling, 6 people were injured.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the Chernihiv region, presumably, from 120-caliber mortars. 9 explosions were recorded in the direction of Hrem’yach village, 6 explosions were in the direction of Mykolaivka village.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the border village of Sen’kivka, presumably, from an AGS-type grenade launcher. 6 explosions were recorded.
- The air defense forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a cruise missile fired by the Russian troops from the Black Sea towards the Odessa region.
- There was shelling of the region with cruise missiles. Explosions were heard in the town of Malyn. As a result of the shelling, about 150 private houses, 1 apartment building, businesses and stores were damaged, 4 people were injured.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.