Poland’s AI software startup Zowie secures $14M Series A
24 May, 2022, 18:18
- Founded in 2019 by Maja Schaefer and Maciej Ciolek, Zowie provides an AI-powered chatbot technology built for e-commerce teams that want to automate customer service and drive sales through it.
- The company claims to automate 70% of inquiries e-commerce brands typically receive, such as “where’s my package?” or “how can I change my shipping address?”.
- The Series A round was led by Tiger Global Management. It is an American investment firm that deploys capital globally throughout all stages. Gradient Ventures, 10xFounders, and Inovo Ventures also joined in the round, alongside a strategic investor Jack Altman, CEO at Lattice.
“Zowie is seeing a lot of momentum with its advanced and easy to manage chatbot. Given the growth of the e-commerce, it is uniquely positioned to continue reaching more e-commerce customers and expanding the business on a global scale,”John Curtius from Tiger Global says about the investment.
- Earlier in 2022, the company closed its $5 million seed funding. The current investors Gradient Ventures, 10xFounders, and Inovo Ventures participated in that round.
- The fresh funds will help Zowie to develop its solution by adding new channels, including emails. The startup also plans to hire more sales for its go-to-market team in the United States.