War in Ukraine / May 24
Russia began to put pressure on Zaporizhzhia
Despite the weak progress at the front, the Russian army in Ukraine has some results. According to some estimates, right now the Russian army controls up to 20% of Ukraine’s territory. Part of this territory – Zaporizhzhia region.
Russia has not yet managed to capture Zaporizhzhia, but if possible fire at it: today four missiles arrived in the city. On the territory of the city the situation remains more or less under control, and the city manages to accept refugees from Mariupol and other cities in neighboring areas. The leadership of Zaporizhzhia assures that the situation is under control. At the same time, the situation in the region is much worse: some towns and villages are occupied, among them – Energodar, where the largest nuclear power plant in Ukraine is located.
The so-called representative of the local administration – a collaborator Vladimir Rogov – plans in the near future to join the Zaporizhzhia region to the Russian Federation. According to him, no quasi-republics will be created in the region, such as the Zaporizhia People’s Republic, and the whole territory will immediately become part of Russia as soon as it is “completely liberated from Ukrainian nationalists.” At the same time, Russian President Putin signed a decree allowing Russian passports to be issued to residents of the occupied regions.
Today, the most active hostilities are in eastern Ukraine. Meanwhile, Russia continues to gather troops in the Kherson region, which will most likely be sent to Mykolaiv and the Zaporizhzhia region. The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine also states that Putin does not abandon his dreams of capturing Odessa.
Latest war investigations of the Molfar team:
- Drama Theater in Mariupol
- Bombing of the children’s hospital and maternity hospital in Mariupol
- Strike in the center of Donetsk by rocket missile Tochka-U
Key facts, events, and figures of Russia’s war in Ukraine as of March 26. Check out the article to learn more:Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Due to the shelling, a fire broke out in a shopping mall, one person was injured.
- Two people were injured.
- As a result of shelling with cluster munitions, one person was injured.
- Russian troops fired on the territory of border villages. The shelling was allegedly carried out with mortars. At ~17:05, 7 explosions were recorded on the outskirts of the village of Boyaro-Lezhachi, Konotop district. At ~17:15, 8 explosions were recorded in Tovstodubove, Shostka district.
- Vilne Pole, Olhivske, Poltavka, Novoandriivka, Chervone, Hulaypilske, Malynivka, Zaliznychne, Novoivanivka, Temerivka, Charivne, Kamyanske, Bilohirya, Chervona Krynytsya, Shcherbaky were shelled by Russian troops. In Vasyliv district, as a result of the artillery shelling, four settlements were de-energized.
- As a result of the shelling, household structures, warehouses and a conveyor belt of an elevator with an area of 300 sq.m caught fire.
- There are casualties due to shelling of the “Azot” factory. On site there are bomb shelters where civilians are hiding.
- The Russian army shelled the city of Mykolayiv. One person is known to be wounded.
- Russian troops shelled Avdiivka, Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Mykolaivka, Lyman, Toretsk, Bakhmut, Soledar, Zalizne, Nelipivka, New-York, Raihorodok, Berdychi, Shcherbynivka, Lastochkyne, Kalynove, Orlivka, Ulakly. Residential buildings, a hospital, a railway station, a factory, a construction company, and critical infrastructure were destroyed.
According to the head of the Donets’k Regional Military Administration, 12 civilians were killed: three in Bakhmut, two in Toretsk, two in Avdiivka, two in Raihorodok, one in Lyman, one in Mykolaivka and one in Kalynove. 10 people were injured (1, 2).
- A Russian missile fell in the field. The depth of the pit from the explosion is 4 m.
- As a result of Zelenodolsk community shelling several residential houses were damaged. There was a shelling of the fields at Shyroke community.
- Synelnykove district was shelled. Presumably, around the urban-type settlement of Illarionove.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.