War in Ukraine / May 25
95% of the Luhansk region are occupied
Serhiy Haidai, head of the Luhansk regional military administration, said that russian troops have already occupied 95% of the region’s territory. And the offensive continues.
Gaidai, as well as other servicemen, claim that Donbas is the most difficult part of the war right now. A few days ago, it was expected that the intensity of attacks by Russian troops would decrease. But now completely different information is coming from the front. Commanders of the battalions on the front line speak of extremely heavy artillery shelling and frequent air strikes: the advantage in vehicles is 10-20 times, for each artillery shot of the defenders of Ukraine – from 20 to 50 Russian. Now the Russian army has several important targets in the eastern direction – Slavyansk, Severodonetsk and Siversk.
At the same time, Ukraine notes the special brutality of the Russian army. According to field commanders, the Russian army does not capture cities, but destroys them, actively firing from a great distance. Ukraine is trying to keep the enemy, but it is not hiding: without the help of allies and their heavy equipment, it will be difficult. Even the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Valery Zaluzhniy spoke about this, once again asking for more weapons for Ukraine.
Ukraine’s losses have also increased. According to Zelenskiy, between 50 and 100 Ukrainian soldiers die every day in the east alone. Field commanders say the losses could be even greater. Ukraine does not disclose official figures. Meanwhile, the total loss of Russian troops is already approaching 30 thousand.
Latest war investigations of the Molfar team:
- Drama Theater in Mariupol
- Bombing of the children’s hospital and maternity hospital in Mariupol
- Strike in the center of Donetsk by rocket missile Tochka-U
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- There was artillery shelling from 12 AM to 5 AM. The 53-year-old man got killed due to the shelling.
- Three residential houses were damaged.
- Soldiers of the Russian Federation shelled the border areas of Bachivs’k village in Shostka district and Krasnopillya village in Sumy district using 120-caliber mortars and artillery.
- In the evening, prohibited ammunition was used in the city and in the region: either incendiary or based on white phosphorus.
- In the morning russian troops fired cluster shells, and in the evening they threw off anti-personnel mines – PFM-1C.
- 2 missiles were shot down by the fighter aircraft in the Khmel’nyts’kyy region.
- Russian troops made a missile strike on the village of Krasnopillya. The missiles were supposedly launched from a strategic aircraft from the territory of the Russian Federation. As a result of the shelling, ~20 civilian houses were partially destroyed and damaged, windows were shattered by the blast wave and shrapnel. Roofs, fences and power lines were damaged, causing a power outage in a part of the village.
- Three missiles were fired at Zaporizhzhya, 1 missile was shot down by air defense. 3 missiles hit 2 micro-districts, civilian targets were destroyed in the Shevchenkivskyi district, a shopping mall was damaged in the Oleksandrivskyi district. 62 residential houses were destroyed. 3 people were injured. 1 person was rescued from rubble. 1000 consumers were cut off from electricity.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops:
in Komyshyvaha a fire broke out in the summer kitchen. In Novoyakovlivka a woman was killed. In Novoboikivs’ke – a fire broke out in the household. In Polohy and Shyroke dry grass and debris were burning. In Novokarlivka a fire broke out in a school on an area of 200 sq. m. In Hulaipole a fire broke out in 2 outbuildings, rooftops, 2 summer kitchens. In Poltavka artillery shelling and air strikes were also inflicted.
- 27 buildings on the territory of the region were shelled. There were artillery strikes on Ustinovka and Lysychansk. As a result of the shelling, a volunteer’s vehicle was damaged. The following destructions were recorded in the cities: 11 multi-story buildings and the “Impulse” factory in Severodonetsk, 8 houses, a culture house and an administrative building – in Lysychansk, 4 houses – in Pryvillia, 2 houses – in Novodruzhesk, 2 houses – in Hirske. Airstrikes were also launched on Severodonetsk and Novozvanivka.
- As a result of the shelling of Pervomaiske, a civilian was killed. In the village of Kotlyareve, a shop and a residential building with outbuildings were damaged.
- The Russian army launched an air missile attack on the residential areas of the city and the private sector. Presumably the Russians hit with Iskander missiles.
- Russian troops launched 2 missile strikes on the city. As a result, 4 people were injured and 3 infrastructure facilities were damaged (1, 2). Presumably the Russians hit with Iskander missiles.
- Russian troops had been shelling the border area of the Chernihiv region for ~40 minutes. Shelling was carried out from 120-caliber mortars and artillery from the territory of the Russian Federation towards the village of Zarichchia.
- 3 missiles hit an industrial enterprise. According to the Telegram channel, it was an undisclosed Mining and processing plant. The missiles were launched from Kherson.
- A residential building and gas pipeline were damaged because of shelling. The shelling was carried out using prohibited cluster munitions.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.