Finnish game developer Supercell acquires majority stake in Trailmix
The Helsinki-based game developer company Supercell has acquired a majority stake in the London-based online games developer Trailmix. The financial details of the deal have not been disclosed. It is known that Supercell plans to invest another $60 million of debt and equity financing in Trailmix, Silicon Canals reports.
- Founded in 2017 by Carolin Krenzer and Tristan Clark, Trailmix develops a mobile free-to-play puzzle game Love & Pies. It has over a million downloads on App Store and Google Play.
- In February 2018, the company raised its seed round of $4.2 million from Supercell. Trailmix grew a team of 30 people and operated independently before the acquisition.
- Supercell was founded in 2010 by Ilkka Paananen, Lassi Leppinen, Mikko Kodisoja, Niko Derome, Petri Styrman, and Visa Forsten. It is a mobile games developer with major titles like Brawl Stars, Clash Royale, Boom Beach, Clash of Clans, and Hay Day in its portfolio.
- Trailmix is the third company Supercell’s acquired. The company bought the London-based mobile game developer Space Ape for $56 million in 2017 and Helsinki-based Hypehype for $8 million in 2016.
- Supercell doesn’t disclose the acquisition amount. The additional $60 million investment will help Trailmix hypercharge the growth of its merge puzzle game Love & Pies.