Polish fintech simpl.rent raises $350K from Black Pearls VC
06 June, 2022, 12:20
- Founded in 2019 by Piotr Pajda, Filip Dykas, Marcin Kopeć, and Aleksander Radolak, simpl.rent aims to improve the tenant verification process and reduce risks in the rental market.
- The startup partners with OLX and Otodom and has big clients like Nowodworski Estates, Maxon Nieruchomości, Resi4Rent, and Vantage Development.
- Simpl.rent’s flagship product is the Tenant Certificate, which allows to verify tenants remotely in a few minutes and increases the safety of renting. The solution checks the identity, credit history, and pricing by using the data from financial institutions and open banking.
- Black Pearls VC led the current round. It is a Gdansk-based early-stage venture capital firm focused on tech startups with defensible technology. Since 2008, the firm has made over 40 investments in companies like Telemedico and HeavyFinance.
- The funds will allow simpl.rent to expand its operations abroad and continue digitize the apartment rental market in Poland.