War in Ukraine / June 7
The difficult process of postwar reconstruction
The war is still going on, but the world is gradually starting to talk about how Ukraine will begin to rebuild after the end of hostilities. Western politicians recall the post-World War II Marshall Plan and the nearly $400 billion confiscated Russian assets. But everything is not so simple.
- According to experts, Ukrainian officials use very abstract figures, including $1 trillion in losses. The world community does not understand where the $1 trillion came from and why the figure is the same, not $500 million or $250 million. Hence the following point.
- The center, which will coordinate aid to Ukraine, is planned to be set up in Warsaw, based on the European curators of the project for the reconstruction of Ukraine. They do not speak openly, but they do not hide that this is a problem of Ukrainian corruption. Against the background of these talks, the Foreign Minister of Ukraine even had to make a statement that the problem of Ukrainian corruption in the world is exaggerated.
- Finally, where to get money. Frozen gold and foreign exchange reserves, as well as private property of Russian oligarchs can not simply be transferred to Ukraine, world law does not work in such a way. As a result, the process may take a long time, even years, while Ukraine already needs funds for reconstruction: in the Kyiv region alone, more than 5,000 houses and apartments have been destroyed.
Representatives of the Ukrainian establishment are convinced that finding $200- $300 billion for Ukraine in the format of the current Marshall Plan will not be a problem – the world is ready to help. But so far there are no concrete solutions – only talks.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
- Anonymous tipsters, angry at russia, help detect sanctions-busters
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- The Kyiv district was shelled as a result a fire broke out on the territory of a private house. A man was rescued from the rubble, another one woman was injured. The village of Zhukovsky was also shelled, where the building of a pizzeria was destroyed and the windows in a house near KhAI were damaged
- A private house was shelled by the Russian army. The house caught fire.
- The roof of a private house caught fire due to shelling, the fire area was 300 sq.m. During the extinguishing of the fire there were also shelling of the community territory.
- Tavriyske, Trudolyubivka, Topolyne were shelled by russian troops.
- Russian troops fired 120 mm mortars and self-propelled guns at the border areas of the city of Seredyna-Buda in Shostka district from the territory of the Russian Federation. Seven explosions were recorded. As a result of the shelling, about six houses of local residents, an outbuilding, a garage, private cars and a power line were damaged. There was a fire in the residential area. A 96-year-old woman was hospitalized.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a Russian missile.
- Novodanylivka, Novoandriivka, Kamianske were shelled by russian troops. At night, as a result of the shelling, the main gas pipeline was damaged, 14,822 consumers were left without gas.
- As a result of the shelling, 3 people were injured, including one child.
In Tavriyske, a medium-pressure gas pipeline was damaged as a result of shelling.
- Russian troops shelled Zolote and Vrubivka with artillery, mortars and MLRS. 25 houses were damaged in Vrubivka and Zolote. A woman was wounded in Lysychansk. The general hospital was shelled with artillery of 240 mm caliber. An ambulance station was completely destroyed.
Fighting continues in Severodonetsk. Russian troops also conducted assault actions in Toshkivka and Ustynivka.
- Russian troops shelled the city center. The administrative building of the district military administration and the district council, the city council, a stadium, a sports school, and a residential building were damaged. 2 people were killed, and 1 was injured.
- Russian troops shelled the downtown. Three 5-storey houses were destroyed, and the city infrastructure was damaged. The fiber optics were damaged, so there is no Internet in some settlements nearby.
- A 46-year-old man was injured due to the Russian shelling, and several houses were also damaged.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.