War in Ukraine / June 9
Daily losses of Ukraine – up to 200 soldiers, the total losses may be comparable to Russia
In early June, Ukraine provided new figures for its own losses. Thus, according to the presidential administration, the daily losses of Ukrainian soldiers can reach 200 people a day, more than 500 – the wounded. Earlier, the figures provided by Ukraine were lower – up to a hundred soldiers who die every day. Given that Ukraine publishes Russia’s losses in the war, we see comparable figures – up to 100-200 people every day.
The same is said by sources in The New York Times in the United States intelligence. According to them, the total losses of Ukraine in the war today may be identical to Russia’s losses. The only problem is the identification of this information, as Ukraine is very careful about this data and the interference of foreign intelligence services in its work in general, although it actively uses information from them.
For Ukraine, such messages are a cold shower. At the beginning of the war, the Russian army lost up to 500 soldiers every day, and there was virtually no information about losses among Ukrainians. But over time, the format of the war changed and moved east, where intense fighting has been going on for more than a month. Now there is mostly positional artillery struggle, where Ukraine loses in all respects: in Russia 20 times more weapons, 40 times more shells: at a time when Ukraine needs to “save”, Russia fires at everything and destroys city after city. It is simply difficult for the Ukrainian army to resist a force greater than them.
However, experts call for caution in the published figures. One of the possible reasons why Ukrainian politicians are so active in talking about big losses is the pressure on international partners. Ukraine does not hide that it needs a lot of different weapons and they are providing them very slowly now: the announcement of such figures may affect European and American politicians to act faster.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
- Anonymous tipsters, angry at russia, help detect sanctions-busters
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- The house of culture, the canteen of the agricultural enterprise were destroyed due to the shelling. The roof, windows and doors were also destroyed.
- A woman died as a result of the artillery shelling. Two houses were destroyed, another 14 were damaged, a hostel with migrants and an electrical substation were shelled. 4 people were seriously injured.
During the day, 15 people were injured, one of them a child from the village of Hrushuvakha. As a result of the shelling, 6 houses, a warehouse of building materials, infrastructure facilities were damaged, fires broke out in the forest belt. 1 resident was killed in Pechenihy. The following settlements were under shelling:
- Chuhuiv district: Rubizhne, Chkalovske, Pechenihy, Korobochkyne;
- Kharkiv district: Mala Danylivka, Kutuzivka, Slatyne, Prudianka;
- Izium district: Andriivka;
Derhachi district: Tsupivka, Dubivka, Dementiivka, Velyki Prokhody, Pytomnyk, Ruska Lozova.
- During an air alert, a plane of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a cruise missile over the territory of the Romny district that was fired by Russian troops. As a result of the missile fragments fall, an electrical pylon and a civil building received minor damage, trees were broken.
- Olhivske, Orichiv, Kamyanske,Temyrivka, Chervone, Zaliznychne, Poltavka, Nove, Mala Tokmachka, Bilohirya were shelled by Russian troops. During the war, 1411 households were partially or completely destroyed in the region.
- As a result of the shelling by Russian artillery, the Ice Palace for 5,000 seats was completely destroyed. Since the beginning of the war, it has housed a humanitarian headquarters.
- Pervomaisk community was shelled after 10:00 a.m. As a result, two private houses were damaged in Novomykolaivka village.
About 2:00 p.m., the community was shelled again.The woodland caught fire. As a result of the shelling, grass also caught fire in the open areas of Lymany village in Halytsynove community and Chervone village in Voskresenske community. The total fire area was 2 ha (1, 2).
During the day, 15 civilians were injured from shelling in the region.
- The Russian army shelled the city. Shells hit one of the factory gas control point of the Vistek Machine Building Plant. Also, the former workshop of the “Pobieda truda” plant was partially destroyed. Russian troops fired 4 cruise missiles at the city.
- As a result of the shelling, the shell destroyed a residential building and damaged houses in the neighborhood. It is known about one killed civilian and one wounded person.
- There was shelling of residential buildings in the village of Velyka Kostromka. 5 shellings per night were recorded.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.