War in Ukraine / June 10-12
Ukraine needs 1,000 howitzers
Adviser to the Head of the President’s Office Mykhailo Podoliak directly stated that in order to defeat Russia, the Ukrainian army needs:
• 1000 howitzers
• 1000 drones
• 500 tanks
• 300 MLRS
• 2000 units of armored vehicles
The list looks logical and at the same time – almost impossible to implement. In the three months of the war, the USA that provided the most aid to Ukraine delivered less than a hundred howitzers. A few dozen more – all other partner countries combined. Poland – about 200 tanks. From what military experts write and say, Europe and the United States simply do not have such large stocks of Soviet-style equipment, and modern weapons require time to learn. And the political will to pass it on: this is also very difficult for European leaders. Each country has its own reasons for transferring weapons or not, but the fact remains: the supply of weapons to Ukraine is now far from the required volume.
But another important thing: these figures show how far Ukraine lags behind the Russian army in terms of available military equipment. The Ukrainian army has repeatedly stated that it depends on Western supplies, because without this parity there will be no armies, and therefore the war for Ukraine will become increasingly difficult.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
- Anonymous tipsters, angry at russia, help detect sanctions-busters
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- The border village’s infrastructure was shelled. According to the town mayor Oleksandr Balo, Barvinkove is only shelled with cluster munitions, while the majority of the houses have already been damaged.
- A residential house was destroyed as a result of the shelling, 5 residents were killed.
- Shelling with cluster munitions, 2 people were injured.
- Two houses were damaged, another one was destroyed.
- During the day, 4 people were injured in the region. Infrastructure and residential houses, outbuildings and forest belts were shelled. Mala Danylivka community, Chuhuiv and Izium districts were shelled. In Mala Danylivka, 2 cottages were shelled. Other towns under shelling: Derhachi, Korobochkyne, Pechenihy, Malynivka, and Andriivka.
- Russian troops fired mortars at the border areas of the Seredyna-Buda community Shostka district from the territory of the Russian Federation. Seven explosions were recorded.
- Border areas of Shostka district were shelled by the russian troops from the Russian Federation territory. At night, the border areas in the direction of Shostka district 20 shots were shelled from the Russian settlements of Zernovo and Strachovo, using 120mm mortars. At ~11:00 a.m., the territories were shelled from the direction of the Russian village of Popovka. 10 explosions were recorded.
- 4 “Kalibr” missiles were launched from the Black Sea. Multi-storey buildings, an office building and cars were damaged. One of the missiles hit the gas pipe. A military facility was partially damaged. The buildings of 3 schools were damaged. 23 people were injured, including 1 child.
- Russian forces made a strike in the area of the Zaporizhzhya airport.
- A shelling of residential buildings and civilian infrastructure in Plavni and Hulaipole. Komyshuvaha, Staroukrainka and Kamyanske were shelled with Grad, Zaliznychne was shelled with Uragan.
- Orikhiv, Preobrazhenka and Novodanylivka were shelled by Russian troops. Residential houses and outbuildings were damaged, fires broke out in some houses. During the day in Orichiv district, 7 cases on civilan infrastructure shelling were recorded at the local police office.
- As a result of the shelling, the village council burned down. 1 person was injured.
- On the road between the villages of Makariv and Pochepin, Kyiv region, a truck was blown up by an anti-tank mine. Driver was injured.
- Russian forces used a multiple rocket launcher flamethrower system (presumably, TOS Solntsepyok) on the town of Vrubivka. As a result, residential houses caught fire.
- The Russian artillery damaged: in Severodonetsk – the Azov plant production facilities, as well as a railroad depot, a brickyard and a research plant; in Lysychansk a multi-storey residential building, a school, a culinary liceum and a glass factory were damaged, 5 people were injured. Over the day residential buildings were hit 17 times with different types of weapons in Zolote, Orikhove – 7 times, Ustynivka, Hirske, Nyrkove – 9 times, Toshkivka, Vrubivka and Komyshuvakha were hit as well.
- Border areas of Novhorod-Sivers’kyi district were shelled by the russian troops. From 7:20 a.m. till 7:40 a.m., the outskirts of the village of Hrem’yach were shelled with barrel artillery. 11 explosions were recorded. At ~8:15 a.m., Russian troops, presumably using 120mm mortars, fired at the border area in the direction of the village of Mykhal’chyna Sloboda. 10 explosions were recorded. At ~8:50 a.m., presumably, the territory of the village of Hrem’yach was shelled again using 120mm mortars. Two explosions were recorded.
- On the beach in Hrybivka, a Russian mine, which broke loose from the anchor, exploded 20m away from the shore. A 50-year-old man who ignored the ban on visiting beaches, was killed in the sea near the epicenter of the mine explosion.
- Tverdomedovo was shelled by Russian troops.
- Russian troops shelled the Shyroke and Ingulka communities.The Shyroke community was repeatedly shelled in the evening. The Bereznehovats’ksa community was shelled as well.
Over the day 8 people were wounded in the region.
- During the shelling of the Halytsynove community in the village of Lymany, a civilian was killed due to a hit on a residential building.
- As a result of the shelling, the projectile hit near a 5-storey building with people inside. Power lines, roads and the surrounding area were damaged, which led to grass fires. One person was injured: his arm was torn off (1, 2).
- Russian troops shelled Avdiivka, Zalizne, Novomykolaivka, Vysokoivanovka, Cherkaske, Pershotravneve, Sukha Balka, Ptyche, Karpivka, Hirnyk, Netailove, Novobakhmutivka. The Russian army used cluster munitions. 30 objects were destroyed: 14 residential buildings, power lines, transformer substations and garages. The forest was damaged as well. According to the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, two civilians were killed in Kostyantynivka and Hirnyk. Six people were injured.
- Russian troops shelled Toretsk, Siversk, Avdiivka, Ptyche, Bohoyavlenka, Orlivka, New-York. 15 residential houses, a coke and chemicals plant, a power transmission line in the Toretsk area, and an electrical substation were damaged, as a result 335 settlements were cut off electricity supply.
Two villages in the Vuhledar community were hit with cluster shells. In Novoukrainka the Russian army hit seven houses from Uragan, in Bohoyavlenka – two houses and a store.
According to the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, two civilians were killed: in Netailove and Staryi Karavan. Another 10 people were injured.
- There was a missile attack on the right bank of the city on the “agricultural enterprise“. Windows were shattered in the neighboring houses.
- In Velyka Kostromka, a 41-year-old woman was wounded in the leg as a result of the shelling, and a residential building was destroyed. There were also shelling in Shyroke and Apostolove community (Ukrainka village), where a garage and a utility building, a school , kindergartens, a pharmacy, a cultural center, a cellular station, 12 residential houses, apartments and civilian carswere destroyed.
- Shyroke and Zelenodolsk commnities were shelled. No destructions were recorded.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.