War in Ukraine / June 13
Russia earned $98 billion from energy exports in 100 days of war
Despite sanctions, embargoes and the abandonment of Russia’s energy resources, Russia’s economy continues to make extra profits from fuel sales. In the 100 days since the start of the war, Russia has earned $98 billion, which is 60% more than last year.
As expected, Russia managed to earn the most in the European market – almost $60 billion or 61% of total exports. Germany became the largest buyer in Europe – it bought oil and gas for 12.1 billion euros. The country does not hide its dependence on imported resources, which is why the German government has long ignored the sixth package of sanctions, which actually talked about the oil embargo. There is no talk of giving up gas yet: Germany is extremely dependent on Russia for this issue, and local companies have already agreed to pay for gas in rubles. Other major buyers include China (12.6 billion euros) and Italy (7.8 billion euros).
Russia has managed to increase its revenues from the sale of energy resources due to the global situation – oil and gas prices are abnormally high, and Europe cannot quickly replace Russian resources.
At the same time, Russia also manages to find alternative buyers. Thus, in the first quarter of 2022, India bought more oil from Russia than in 2021. And continues to increase purchases, receiving a significant discount of 30% or more. For Russia, such discounts are acceptable: the budget for 2022 was reduced to a price of $44 per barrel, while now the market price is almost $120.
In general, these figures can indicate only one thing: sanctions are very limited and in the realities of the global world, it is extremely difficult to put pressure on one country without the support of the whole world. During the war, Ukraine received less than $50 billion in aid, $40 billion of which came from the United States.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
- Anonymous tipsters, angry at russia, help detect sanctions-busters
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- 4 russian missiles hit the warehouse and 10 trucks, which caused a fire on an area of 2000 sq.m.
- The following settlements of the region were shelled by russian troops: Derhachi, Slatyne, Prudianku, Tsupivku, Dementiivku, Rusku Lozovu, Nove, Pytomnyk
- Russian troops shelled the border area of Shostka district from the territory of the Russian Federation. Eight explosions were recorded in the direction of Bachivsk village and at the border area of Esman community. Presumably, the shelling was carried out from a 120mm mortar. At ~6:00 a.m. three explosions were recorded. At ~7:00 a.m., 30 explosions were recorded.
- Malynivka, Temyrivka, Uspenivka were shelled from “Grad” MLRS.
Kamianske and Mali Shcherbaky were shelled from Su-25 and 2 Mi-8s, Zelene Pole was shelled from Ka-52.
As a result of shelling, a low-pressure gas pipeline was damaged in Novoandriivka, and a low-pressure gas pipeline was damaged in Orichiv.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, an open area, a car and a total area of 0.5 hectares were on fire. Also, for the 2nd day in a row, a gymnasium has come under fire.
- Throughout the day, Russian troops carried out artillery strikes on the following settlements: Severodonetsk, Lysychansk, Synetske, Pavlohrad, Toshkivka, Ustynivka, Orikhove, Zolote, Komyshuvakha, Vrubiivka, Hirske, Vasylivka, Bilohorivka, Mykolaivka. As a result of shelling in Severodonetsk, the production workshops of the Azot and Fiberglass factories, the building of the regional department of the State Emergency Service, and a large number of apartment buildings in the old part of the city were damaged. In Lysychansk, 7 houses, a mining college and a local market were destroyed. Also 13 houses were destroyed in Vrubiivka, 11 houses – in Toshkivka, 2 houses – in Hirske.
- Russian soldiers shelled the border area of Mykhalchyna Sloboda village in Novhorod-Siverskyi district. The shelling was carried out from a heavy machine gun and, presumably, from a 120mm mortar. 20 explosions were recorded.
- Residential buildings caught fire as a result of the shelling by Russian troops.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a Russian UAV.
- Russian troops shelled the city from Uragan MRL.
- As a result of the shelling, two fires broke out, three residential buildings and three infrastructure facilities were damaged. Among the damaged objects were a medical facility and an ambulance. According to preliminary data, three people were injured.
- Russian troops shelled the village of Udachne, Pokrovsk district.
- Russian shelling of a residential building caused a fire. Power lines and gas pipeline were damaged.
- As a result of the shelling, settlements in the Shyroke community were not damaged. In Mala Kostromka, the outskirts of the village were shelled in the evening.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.