Estonian NFTPort raises €24.9M for building NFT infrastructure
15 June, 2022, 15:48
The Tallinn-based startup NFTPort has raised €24.9 million in a Series A funding round. It builds a decentralized NFT infrastructure to underpin the NFT market, EU-Startups reports.
- Founded in 2019 by Johannes Tammekänd and Kaspar Peterson, NFTPort provides one-stop and developer-friendly NFT infrastructure. It gives access to the three components which will allow building NFT products in hours: data APIs, minting APIs, and user safety APIs.
- Data APIs provide access to all NFT data from Ethereum, Polygon, and Solana. Minting APIs allows developers to deploy, manage, and customize fully owned NFT. Safety APIs protects against counterfeit NFTs that have been previously minted on any of its supported chains.
- Taavet+Sten and Atomico co-led the Series A funding. The first one is the investment vehicle of the Estonian investors Taavet Hinrikus and Sten Tamkivi. Atomico is a London-based venture capital firm. Additional investors include Protocol Labs, Sparkle Ventures, IDEO CoLab Ventures, and several angel investors.
- Over 30,000 development teams already use the NFTPort solution. The list includes some of the biggest names in the Web3 world, such as Nifty Gateway and Protocol Labs.
- The new funding will enable the startup to bring a decentralized NFT infrastructure protocol to market. It will also help fuel the development of its infrastructure offer and empower the next phase of digital ownership.