War in Ukraine / June 20
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter here.
👉 Laws passed by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine during the 110 days of the war
Ukraine’s losses in equipment – up to 50%
Ukraine constantly publishes the losses of the Russian army, but rarely talks about its own losses. It seems that for the first time since the beginning of the war it became known about the loss of equipment:
- 400 tanks;
- 1300 armored vehicles;
- 700 units of artillery.
According to Volodymyr Karpenko, Commander of the Land Forces Logistics, the current losses range from 30% to 50% of all that Ukraine had before the war.
Military experts also draw attention to one of the necessary components of warfare, which is never mentioned – ammunition. Ukraine is wasting old Soviet resources, it is difficult to replenish them: Europe is actively transferring everything it can find, and the problem with their supply will only increase over time. That is why, experts say, the world should think about helping Ukraine’s transition to NATO standards: in this case, equipping the army will only be a matter of time spent on logistics. However, this is a long process, and most importantly – very expensive.
Karpenko said that Ukraine now needs more than 1,200 tanks and 2,200 artillery units to fully cover the front. Where to get them – no one says publicly.
For comparison: according to Ukraine, during the war the Russian army lost more than 1,400 tanks and more than 700 artillery units.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
- What’s wrong with the International Committee of the Red Cross?
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- In the afternoon, Russian troops shelled the industrial zone in the Nemyshlianskyi district, resulting in a fire. No casualties were recorded.
- As a result of a Russian missile hitting the educational building of the Beketov University Housing and Communal College in Kyivskyi district, there was a partial destruction of the building and a fire broke out.
- One of the missiles launched by Russian troops hit the Kharkiv metro infrastructure facility. As a result, at least 3 trains were damaged, 1 person was injured.
- Russian troops shelled the border areas of the Sumy region using UAVs, mortars and artillery from the territory of the Russian Federation. As a result of the shelling, a fire broke out in the forests. According to the State Border Service, 110 explosions were recorded during the day:
In the afternoon, two Russian UAVs dropped 4 explosive devices on the territory of the Yunakivka community. After that, 3 shots were fired from mortars at the territory of the community. As a result, 1 person died, 1 – was injured;
at ~18:00 the Russian army shelled the border areas of the Seredyna-Buda community and Znob-Novhorods’ke community in Shostka district with cannon and rocket artillery. 28 explosions were recorded;
at ~18:30 Russian troops fired mortars at the territory of Bilopillya community Sumy district. 23 explosions were recorded;
at ~19:00 Russian soldiers fired mortars at the territory of Velyka Pysarivka community, 32 explosions were recorded;
at ~19:30 the Russian military shelled the territory of Znob-Novhorods’ke community again.
- Two civilians, while trying to evacuate by car, were blown up by an anti-tank mine. Both were taken to the hospital.
- Civilian infrastructure of Kamyanka, Hulaipole, Zaliznychne were shelled by russian troops.
An airstrike was carried out on Mali Shcherbaky.
A fire broke out in an open area as a result of artillery shelling in Stepnohirsk.
- Russian troops shelled the settlements of Severodonetsk, Lysychansk, Syrotyne, Novoivanivka, Bilohorivka, Mykolaivka, Bila Hora, Hirske, Mykolaivka, Vrubivka from artillery, MLRS, mortars. They also used aviation in the area of Ustynivka, Hirske, Lysychansk, Bilohorivka, Maloriazantseve. As a result of the shelling in Severodonetsk, the destruction of the production facilities of the Azot plant and destruction of the brick factory was recorded again. More than 10 apartment buildings, private houses and the building of the national police were destroyed in Lysychansk. Also, destruction of residential buildings was recorded in the following settlements: 20 buildings – in Hirske, 7 – in Novoivanivka; the building of the lyceum was destroyed in Vrubivka.
1 person died and 1 person was injured.
- Russian troops shelled the border territory in the direction of Bleshnya in Semenivka district from the territory of the Russian Federation. 15 explosions were recorded.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down 2 Onyx-type cruise missiles launched by Russian troops from a coastal missile system from the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea: one missile was shot down at night over the territory of Bilhorod-Dnistrovs’kyi district; the second missile was shot down at 7:20 over the territory of the Odesa city. As a result of the missile explosion, ~80 windows in residential buildings were knocked out by the blast wave, infrastructure facilities and private cars were damaged by shrapnel.
- The Russian army launched 4 Х-31A missiles from a fighter jet and one Onix missile from a coastal missile system. Presumably, the missiles were aimed at Ochakiv, but hit the agricultural land.
- In the Bashtanka district Russian troops shelled the Shyroke community at 8:00 p.m. Russian troops also continued shelling the Bereznehuvate community.
In Mykolayiv district in the evening, utility rooms were damaged, an outbuilding and dry grass caught fire as a result of shelling of Pervomaiske urban-type settlement.
In the Lymany village in the Halytsynove community, a fire broke out in a residential building and dry grass burned.
15 people were injured in the region during the day.
- Russian troops shelled Avdiivka, Myrnohrad, Hirnyk, Kurakhove, Bakhmut, Toretsk, Druzhkivka, Siversk, Zhelanne, Kurakhivka, Hostre, New-York, Opytne, Riznykivka, Tone’ke, Bila Hora. Russian troops used prohibited cluster ammunition during shelling. In Druzhkivka, a missile attack was carried out, presumably on the warehouse of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (1, 2).
41 residential buildings were destroyed and damaged, including 10 multi-apartment buildings, a preschool educational institution, a farm, a mine, factories, and a correctional colony.
According to the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration 3 people were killed: in New York, Stara Mykolaivka and Kurakhove. 2 people were injured.
- A fire broke out in a house as a result of the shelling. During the day, dry grass and a utility building caught fire due to shelling. Also artillery shells hit the fields in the Shyroke community.
- Due to the village shelling, power lines were damaged. Power was restored on June 21.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.
You must be logged in to post a comment.